JunoSan Asian Pears
Asian Pears make for an exquisite and elegant year-end gift
About Asian Pears – These fruits generally have a high water content and a crisp, grainy texture, very different from European varieties like Bartlett, Comice, Bosc or Anjou. They are commonly served raw and peeled, and tend to be quite large and fragrant.
JunoSan is crisp, with complex flavors ranging from Bartlett pears and Honeycrisp apples to Mandarin oranges, especially when tasted without the skin.
The taste of this variety also spans two polar opposite flavor profiles: honey nut and top-shelf tequila, combining to make one exquisite pear to bite into.
Crisp on the outside like the crust of an Italian bread, it delicately exudes juiciness, which will amuse and refresh you. (This proprietary variety was developed after years of cross-pollination, cross-breeding and grafting, and is named after farm owner’s child!)
Traditionally the color of kumquat orange, the JunoSan Pear can surprise with decadent crème brulée-colored skin. Yellow lenticels (dots) decorate the skin, giving it the appearance of a caramel apple with crushed peanuts atop. Ranging an array of sizes, it is typically a very squat pear in shape.
- 5 pear boxes contain approximately 5-6 lbs, straight from the farm
- 9-pear boxes contain approximately 9-10 lbs, straight from the farm
- Get them while they last! JunoSan pears are picked only mid-September through December.
Add slices of JunoSan Asian Pear to a toasted brie and baguette sandwich, with a touch of spring mix lettuce for a light and healthy alternative.
- Fresh Subarashii Kudamono Asian Pears grown in Lehigh Valley, PA
Instructions / Storage
Due to their firm structure, pears can be kept in the refrigerator for 1-2 months
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Subarashii Kudamono Asian Pears ship Monday-Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.