Can’t decide which variety to try? The Assortment box contains a selection of 3 varieties in each box—perfect for a starter pack and as an exquisite and elegant year-end gift.
About Asian Pears – These fruits generally have a high water content and a crisp, grainy texture, very different from European varieties like Bartlett, Comice, Bosc or Anjou. They are commonly served raw and peeled, and tend to be quite large and fragrant.
EliSan Pears – have hints of kiwi and Granny Smith apple. Named after the farm owner’s grandfather, it bursts with juiciness, and has a crisp and firm texture. Keeping the skin on will not alter the flavor with this variety with a vibrant bronze color with a splash of green across the top and a rippled skin texture.
New Pears are crisp, light refreshingly juicy with lush citrus flavors. Skin on, it’s like a summery white sangria or sip from a glass of pinot gris. Peeled, you’ll get a zing of lemon and grapefruit laced with mellow golden raisin. Its skin has a bold banana yellow color, with a luminous lemon sorbet base color and dimpled with dark tan speckles.
JunoSan Pears are crisp, with complex flavors ranging from Bartlett pears and Honeycrisp apples to Mandarin oranges, especially when tasted without the skin. The taste also spans two polar opposite flavor profiles: honey nut and top-shelf tequila, combining to make one exquisite pear to bite into. Dotted with yellow lenticels (freckles) on the crisp skin, which is the color of crème brulée or a caramel apple with crushed peanuts on top. It’s typically very squat shape.
- Each 10 lb. Assortment Box includes 9 pears, 3 of each variety: EliSan, New Pear, and JunoSan pears.
- Get them while they last! These pears have a very short growing season from mid-fall until December.
- Flavor assortment is subject to availability and may be substituted
- Fresh Subarashii Kudamono Asian Pears grown in Lehigh Valley, PA
Instructions / Storage
- Due to their firm structure, pears can be kept in the refrigerator for 1-2 months
- Subarashii Kudamono Asian Pears ship Monday-Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.