Kids Favorite: Their Apple Cinnamon Povitica is certainly the favorite of young and old. Grandma’s recipe included unsweetened apple sauce, sweet Washington state apples, and ribbons of fresh ground cinnamon. They fold in layers of sweet creamery butter, locally sourced honey and a touch of real sugar to make their filling exactly how it’s been done for three generations. They create their own flakey pastry dough and enrobe their fillings with just enough to hold them all together. The result is simply a big hug of art and taste.
Strawberry Hill Baking Co. has been making povitica, a classic Slovenian swirled bread, in Kansas City, Kansas, since 1903. Povitica (pronounced poh-va-TEET-sa) is ultra-thin, buttery, flaky pastry dough swirled around sweet fillings. Using a povitica recipe that has been passed down from generation to generation, Strawberry Hill Baking Co. bakes povitica in flavors like apple cinnamon, cokolada (chocolate), and their signature English walnut.
This package serves 16 people and includes 1 Povitica
- Each Povitica is hand-rolled, measures 8.5″ × 3.75″ × 4″, and weighs over 2.5 lbs.
- It’s shipped in their signature Strawberry Hill Gift Box.
- Certified KOSHER-D by Vaad of KC
ENRICHED FLOUR (WHEAT FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), SUGAR, WATER, APPLESAUCE (APPLES, WATER, ERYTHORBIC ACID PRESERVATIVE, ASCORBIC ACID PRESERVATIVE), BUTTER (PASTEURIZED CREAM, SALT), DRIED APPLES, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF EACH OF THE FOLLOWING: SOYBEAN OIL, CINNAMON, EGGS, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR, NONFAT MILK, SALT, WHITE DISTILLED VINEGAR, DRIED YEAST, CALCIUM SULFATE, WHEAT STARCH, WHEAT FLOUR, WALNUT OIL, ENZYMES, SORBITAN MONOSTEARATE, ASCORBIC ACID ADDED AS A DOUGH CONDITIONER.
Instructions / Storage
- Refrigerate Upon Arrival. Serve at Room Temperature
- Keeps at room temperature for 7 Days
- Keeps in the refrigerator for 14 Days
- Keeps in the freezer for 6 Months
- Strawberry Hill ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.