State Street Brats ships its legendary red brats nationwide on Goldbelly! The recipe remains unchanged all these years later, and these famous brats, which are smoked, split and grilled, are beloved by generations of Madisonians. The Red Brats are made from a mixture of pork and beef (the beef gives them their signature red color).
Founded in Madison, Wisconsin, in 1989, State Street Brats is famous for its legendary Red Brats, a mixture of pork and beef. The recipe for these red-hued sausages originated in the 1950’s, when a local Madison butcher began making them for a restaurant called the Brathaus. State Street Brat’s current owners worked at the Brathaus while going to college in the 1970’s and later purchased the recipe, which remains unchanged. The Red Brats are made from a mixture of pork and beef (the beef gives them their signature red color), and the White Brats (which are pork-only) have been provided by the legendary Bakalars Sausage Company in LaCrosse Wisconsin, since 1989. State Street Brats are smoked, split, and grilled to perfection, offering a delicious bite of the Badger state.
This package serves 50 people and includes 50 Red Brats
- Choose to add on a bag of cheese curds (approx 10 each)
NOTE: Buns Not Included
Instructions / Storage
- Brats ship frozen with ice pack
- Upon arrival freeze or refrigerate
- Maybe be kept refrigerated for up to 1 week or frozen for up to 6 months
- Brats are fully smoked and pre-cooked, they may arrive thawed, they are food safe and can be re-frozen
- May be cooked on a grill but we recommend grilling them butterfly style on a pan or flat top
- Place grill cut side down
- Grill 3-5 minutes until red color depend and begins to char on the edges
- Flip only once!
- Cook on flip side until brat starts to curl like a “C” and bubble
- Preheat oven to 400
- Bake for 15 minutes or until hot
- State Street Brats ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.