Red & White Brats Combo - 25 Pack
State Street Brats was founded in 1989, but its legendary Red Brats can trace their history back to the 1950s, when a local Madison butcher began making them for a restaurant called the Brathaus. State Street Brat’s owners worked at the Brathaus in the ‘70s while going to college, and purchased the recipe shortly thereafter.
The recipe remains unchanged all these years later, and these famous brats, which are smoked, split and grilled, are beloved by generations of Madisonians. The Red Brats are made from a mixture of pork and beef (the beef gives them their signature red color), and the White Brats (which are pork-only) have been provided by the legendary Bakalars Sausage Company in LaCrosse Wisconsin, since 1989. When partnered with some fried cheese curds, it’s a true taste of the Badger State.
This package serves 25 people and includes:
- 13 Red Brats
- 12 White Brats
- Choose to add on a bag of cheese curds (approx 10 each)
Instructions / Storage
- Brats ship frozen with ice pack
- Upon arrival freeze or refrigerate
- Maybe be kept refrigerated for up to 1 week or frozen for up to 6 months
- Brats are fully smoked and pre-cooked, they may arrive thawed, they are food safe and can be re-frozen
- May be cooked on a grill but we recommend grilling them butterfly style on a pan or flat top
- Place grill cut side down
- Grill 3-5 minutes until red color depend and begins to char on the edges
- Flip only once!
- Cook on flip side until brat starts to curl like a “C” and bubble
- May be cooked on a grill but we recommend grilling them on a pan or flat top
- Grill 12-14 minutes or until heated through, turning often
- Preheat oven to 400
- Bake for 15 minutes or until frozen
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- State Street Brats ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.