Eat as appetizer breadsticks or use as buns!
Soft Pretzel Sausage Buns are great for an appetizer and, of course, Our famous bratwursts. Try them toasted! Best served warm and chewy with kosher salt.
Founded in Madison, Wisconsin, in 1989, State Street Brats is famous for its legendary Red Brats, a mixture of pork and beef. The recipe for these red-hued sausages originated in the 1950’s, when a local Madison butcher began making them for a restaurant called the Brathaus. State Street Brat’s current owners worked at the Brathaus while going to college in the 1970’s and later purchased the recipe, which remains unchanged. The Red Brats are made from a mixture of pork and beef (the beef gives them their signature red color), and the White Brats (which are pork-only) have been provided by the legendary Bakalars Sausage Company in LaCrosse Wisconsin, since 1989. State Street Brats are smoked, split, and grilled to perfection, offering a delicious bite of the Badger state.
This package serves 10 -12 people and includes 12 Bavarian Pretzel Buns
- Each bun measures approx 5-6″ × 1″
- Eat as appetizer breadsticks or use as buns!
- Choose to add on a bag of cheese curds (approx 10 each)
Enriched Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, Canola Oil, Sugar, Contains Less Than 2% Of Each Of The Following: Yeast, Salt, Malt, Vegetable Protein, Sodium Hydroxide, Wheat Starch, Ascorbic Acid Added As A Dough Conditioner, Enzymes, Microcrystalline, Cellulose
Instructions / Storage
- Bavarian Pretzel Buns ship fresh
- Upon arrival, store at room temperature
- Buns last up to 2 days at room temperature or up to 5 months in the freezer, do not refrigerate
- To thaw, let stand, unopened, at room temperature for 1.5 to 2 hours
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Place buns cut side up on a baking sheet and bake for 3 minutes
- Place buns cut side up on a baking sheet
- Toast buns for 45 to 60 seconds
- Place buns cut side down on a skillet
- Toast over medium heat for 45 to 60 seconds
- Place buns cut side down on the grill
- Toast on medium heat with the lid closed for 30 to 60 seconds
To salt buns, lightly moisten with water, and sprinkle immediately with enclosed pretzel salt. If warming in the oven, add salt before heating.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Bake for 15 minutes or until hot
- State Street Brats ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.