Southside Market & Barbeque ships its famous sausage nationwide on Goldbelly! Southside Market’s Original & Jalapeño Summer Sausage is the perfect way to entertain. Made using premium ingredients, Southside Market’s Summer Sausage requires no preparation—simply slice and serve!
Back in 1882, when the first cuts of meat were sold from Southside Market’s founder William Moon’s wagon, his mantra was “Butcher today, deliver tomorrow.” Without refrigeration, the unsold fresh cuts of meat were preserved by smoking and spiced to make sausages. It wasn’t long before these “hot guts” became famous, with people all over coming to Elgin, Texas, to sample their smoked sausages. While Southside Market’s owners have changed in the past 135 years, their dedication to crafting the best sausages in Texas has not, which is why nearly a century and a half since that first cut of meat was sold, Elgin is known as the Sausage Capital of Texas.
This package serves 6-8 people and includes
- 2 Original Summer Sausages (each 1 lb.)
- 2 Jalapeño Summer Sausages (each 1 lb.)
- Original Summer Sausage – Pork, Beef, Water, Sugar, Sodium Lactate, Salt, Spices, Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Nitrite, Granulated Garlic
- Jalapeno Summer Sausage – Pork, Beef, Jalapenos (Jalapeno Peppers, Water, Salt, Acetic Acid), Sugar, Sodium Lactate, Salt, Spices, Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Nitrite, Granulated Garlic
Gluten Free. No MSG
Instructions / Storage
All meats are fully cooked and vacuum-sealed to preserve peak flavor and moisture. Although each box is carefully packed with ice packs and picked up for immediate shipment, it is normal for the meat and ice packs to partially or fully thaw during shipment.
Upon arrival, place item in fridge if you plan to consume within 4 days. If you plan to consume it after, place in freezer and consume within 6 months.
Detailed storage and heating instructions are included with each package.Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Southside Market ships Monday-Friday of each week
- No deliveries Saturday, Sunday or Monday
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.