Known by locals and old-timers as Elgin Hot Sausage, Elgin Hot Guts, or simply Hot Guts, this is the sausage that started it all. All beef, coarsely ground, in a natural pork casing, seasoned with cracked black pepper. It is what Southside is best known for and is their most popular seller. On any given Saturday, Southside Market sells around 1400 lbs.! All of their sausage is made fresh in-house, daily for a level of quality, taste, and enjoyment you can’t find anywhere else since 1882.
- Each order contains 5 packs of Sausage links
- Each pack includes 4 links
- This package serves 10-12 people
Beef, Water, Sodium Lactate, Spice,Salt,Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Nitrite, Pork Casing.
Instructions / Storage
All meats are fully cooked and vacuum-sealed to preserve peak flavor and moisture. Although each box is carefully packed with ice packs and picked up for immediate shipment, it is normal for the meat and ice packs to partially or fully thaw during shipment.
Upon arrival, place item in fridge if you plan to consume within 4 days. If you plan to consume it after, place in freezer and consume within 6 months.
Detailed storage and heating instructions are included with each package.Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Southside Market ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- No deliveries Saturday, Sunday or Monday
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.