Set in the heart of Indianapolis, Smoking Goose continuously brings new world flavors to the old world craft of curing meat. Each batch of meat, salume or sausage is slow cured and smoked with the best ingredients to create layers of flavor. Wake up to Applewood Bacon, Hillbelly Breakfast Sausage and Fresh Mexican Chorizo with this Breakfast Collection!
This package serves 12-16 people and includes:
- Applewood Bacon (12 oz. sliced) – Pork Belly cured with Indiana maple syrup, cane sugar and sea salt. Smoked over apple and hickory wood
- Hillbelly Breakfast Sausage (6 links, 12 oz. total) – A new take on breakfast sausage. Featured in Food & Wine, this cinnamon and clove scented bacon sausage crisps up perfectly to pair with any breakfast main dish.
- Fresh Mexican Chorizo (16 oz.) – Pork sausage infused with cumin, oregano, ancho peppers and sherry vinegar. Uncased and raw, this is the perfect ingredient for any dish!
Applewood Bacon: pork belly, sea salt, cane sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup, vegetable powder (celery juice, sea salt)
Hillbelly Breakfast Sausage: pork belly, uncured bacon (pork belly, sea salt, cane sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup, vegetable powder (celery juice, sea salt)), spices (black pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, ginger), water )
Fresh Mexican Chorizo: pork shoulder, pork fat, salt, spices (garlic, black pepper, ancho pepper, paprika, oregano), water, sherry vinegar
Instructions / Storage
- Smoking Goose meats are cured or smoked then vacuum sealed and shipped with ice packs which may thaw partially or fully during transit (dry ice is used in warmer weather)
- Applewood Bacon and Hillbelly sausage arrive ready to serve. Fresh Mexican Chorizo needs to be cooked
- Upon arrival, place the package in the refrigerator. Bacon can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 45 days from the packed-on date marked, while smoked sausage can be stored for up to 35 days
- To serve bacon later, place in the freezer immediately upon arrival. Allow meat to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving. We do not recommend freezing sausages or chorizo
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Smoking Goose ships Monday through Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.