Set in the heart of Indianapolis, Smoking Goose continuously brings new world flavors to the old world craft of curing meat. Each batch of meat, salume or sausage is slow cured and smoked with the best ingredients to create layers of flavor. Wake up to Applewood Bacon, Sliced City Ham, Fresh Hillbelly Sausage, and Fresh Mexican Chorizo with this Breakfast Collection!
Based in the heart of Indianapolis, Indiana, Smoking Goose Meatery continuously brings New World flavors to the Old World craft of curing meat. Each batch of meat, salume, or sausage is slow cured and smoked with the best ingredients to create layers of flavor. Founded by Chris Eley in 2011, Smoking Goose Meatery uses rabbit, elk, and lamb, instead of the usual pork or turkey, yielding unique flavor combinations like elk and blueberry salame or smoked duck, pear, and Port sausage. Eley was awarded the Good Food Award in 2015 and Smoking Goose won two national Good Food Awards in 2019.
This package serves 12-16 people and includes:
- Applewood Bacon (12 oz. sliced) – Pork Belly cured with Indiana maple syrup, cane sugar and sea salt. Smoked over apple and hickory wood
- Fresh Mexican Chorizo (16 oz.) – Pork sausage infused with cumin, oregano, ancho peppers and sherry vinegar. Uncased and raw, this is the perfect ingredient for any dish!
- Sliced City Ham (12 oz. sliced ) – whole muscle, boneless ham brined under clove, juniper, bay leaves, garlic; smoked over fruit wood and ready to eat
- Fresh Hillbelly Sausage (16 oz.) – Fresh uncased pork & bacon sausage with maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, ginger
Applewood Bacon: pork belly, sea salt, cane sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup, vegetable powder (celery juice, sea salt)
Fresh Mexican Chorizo: pork shoulder, pork fat, salt, spices (garlic, black pepper, ancho pepper, paprika, oregano), water, sherry vinegar
Instructions / Storage
- Smoking Goose meats are cured or smoked then vacuum sealed and shipped with ice packs which may thaw partially or fully during transit (dry ice is used in warmer weather)
- Applewood Bacon arrives ready to serve. Fresh Mexican Chorizo needs to be cooked
- Upon arrival, place the package in the refrigerator. Bacon can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 45 days from the packed-on date marked, while smoked sausage can be stored for up to 35 days
- To serve bacon later, place in the freezer immediately upon arrival. Allow meat to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving. We do not recommend freezing sausages or chorizo
- Smoking Goose ships Monday through Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.