You’re invited to join us for our latest Goldbelly LIVE! cook-along: a Chinese New Year’s feast with Top Chef Shirley Chung! Prior to going on Top Chef, Chef Shirley worked for the likes of Thomas Keller & Jose Andres. Her first venture, the famed & wildly popular Ms. Chi in Los Angeles embodies her passion for progressive Chinese American cuisine, and everything on the menu showcases her unique culinary creations inspired by traditional northern-style Chinese cuisine. In this interactive event, Chef Shirley will lead you through recreating some of her most famous dishes at home, just in time to celebrate Chinese New Year.
Chef Shirley has curated a limited-edition Chinese New Year meal kit that will take you from dumplings all the way through to donuts with all the ingredients you need to make: her famous Cheeseburger Potstickers with bacon tomato jam, her Top Chef-winning combo of two classic comfort foods that’s become a staple at her restaurant; her take on beef and broccoli with skirt steak and black pepper sauce; garlic noodles with a tangy sesame sauce; and finally gluten-free (AKA guilt-free) black sesame mochi donuts and a fresh, floral jasmine tea to sip throughout the class.
To join the class, here’s all you need to do:
– Order your Chinese New Year Feast by Friday, February 5 at 11 PM ET.
– By placing an order, you will automatically be enrolled in the exclusive Zoom event.
– Prior to the class, you’ll receive your kit at your door, along with an email with all the info you’ll need to join the Zoom event.
– At 7 PM ET on Thursday, February 11, join Chef Shirley on Zoom to celebrate the Lunar New Year with a delicious feast.
A limited number of spots are available for each event, and they’re expected to fill up quickly.
For more details, head to the Goldbelly Blog!
Limited Edition: This Dumpling Kit Includes a FREE Goldbelly LIVE! Dumpling-Making Zoom Class with Top Chef Shirley Chung!
This package serves 2-3 people and includes everything you need to make a full Chinese New Year Feast of cheeseburger potstickers, beef & broccoli, garlic noodles, gluten-free mochi donuts and jasmine tea.
- 10 Flour Jiaozi Wrappers
- Ground Creek Stone Farm Chuck Beef (8 oz.)
- Red Onion, diced (3 oz.)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese (3 oz.)
- Worcestershire Sauce (2 oz.)
- Black Pepper (2 Tbsp)
- Kosher Salt
- Bacon Tomato Jam (3 oz.)
Beef & Broccoli
- Skirt Steak (8 oz.)
- Steak Marinade (3 oz.)
- 1/2 Sliced Red Onion
- 1 box Broccolini
- Canola Oil (6 oz.)
- Crispy Garlic & Sesame Mix (2 oz.)
- Ms. Chi’s Black Pepper Sauce (3 oz.)
Garlic & Sesame Noodles
- 1 box Egg Noodles (11 oz.)
- Noodle Sauce (3 oz.)
- Crispy Garlic & Sesame Garnish (2 Tbsp)
Black Sesame Mochi Donuts
- 2 Fried Mochi Donuts
- Black Sesame Sugar (1/4 C)
- 2 Tea Bags (2 oz.)
You Will Need
For the Dumplings
Mixing bowl, spoon, 8"-10" nonstick cooking pan with lid or cast-iron pan with lid, spatula
For the Beef & Broccoli
Cast-iron pan, tongs, spatula, small sauce pot, spoons, cutting board, knife, plate for plating, chopsticks
For the Garlic Noodles
Large pot, a large saute pan or skillet, tongs, bowl for plating
For the Mochi Donuts
Baking tray, oven or toaster
For the Jasmine Tea
Water kettle or tea pot, mugs
- Dumpling Wrappers – Flour, Water, Salt
- Cheese Burger Filling – Ground Chuck From Creek Stone, Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Diced Red Onion, Worcestershire Sauce, Black Pepper, Kosher Salt
- Bacon Tomato Jam – Bacon, Can Tomato, Onion, Sugar, Fructose Syrup, Salt, Black Pepper
- Beef & Broccoli – Creek Stone Prime Grade Skirt Steak; Steak Marinate (puree ginger, scallion, mushroom sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil); Red Onion, Broccolini, Canola Oil, Crispy Garlic, Sesame Seeds; Black Sauce (rice wine, soy sauce, mushroom sauce, chicken stock, garlic, ginger, black pepper, corn starch)
- Noodles – Flour, Water, Eggs, Salt, Alkaline, Canola Oil; Noodle Sauce (soy sauce, rice wine, sugar, black pepper, corn starch, water, sesame oil); Fried Garlic, Toasted Sesame
- Mochi Donuts – Sticky Rice Flour, Milk, Yogurt, Sugar, Salt, Baking Powder, Canola Oil; Black Sesame Sugar (toasted sesame seeds, sugar, corn starch, cinnamon)
Instructions / Storage
- Kit ships frozen with ice packs
- Ice packs and contents may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, store in the refrigeratior
- Thaw everything in the refrigerator overnight before class if the products arrive frozen
- Shirley Chung’s Ms. Chi ships Tuesday – Friday each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via overnight will incur an additional $35 charge. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.