Shirley Chung’s Ms. Chi showcases “Top Chef” alum Chef Shirley Chung’s passion for progressive Chinese American cuisine. Every dish at Ms. Chi showcases Chung’s unique culinary creations inspired by traditional authentic northern-style cuisine. With this best seller pack you can sample her Chicken Jiaozi Dumplings and the Ms. Chi Chinese Top Chef winning dish – Giant Cheeseburger Potstickers with a tomato bacon jam.
These Chicken Jiaozi Dumplings are hand made in Ms Chi Café’s kitchen. They use all-natural chicken thighs and ground in house, mixed with Chinese five-spice, minced ginger and scallions as filling. Wrapped in a yellow wrapper that’s colored with turmeric, these dumplings are served with a side Chiangkang black vinegar sauce and chili oil. These juicy and savory little chicken meatballs wrapped in thin, bright yellow dough, are a must try.
These Giant Cheese Burger Potstickers are hand made in Ms. Chi Cafe’s kitchen. They use Creek Stone Farm Beef Chuck Roast, ground in house, blended with chunky diced onion and shredded cheddar cheese for the filling, and a cube of cheddar cheese in the middle to give you the woozy cheese effect. Wrapped in an orange dough that’s colored with paprika, these dumplings are served with a side of smoky-sweet and savory bacon tomato jam. They taste like a juicy drippy cheeseburger wrapped in a soft and crispy dumpling dough, with the best applewood smoked bacon and a touch of “ketchup”.
Shirley Chung’s Ms. Chi has been featured on the LA Times list of “The Best Dumplings in Los Angeles,”
This package serves 5-6 people and includes:
- 6 Giant Cheese Burger Potstickers
- 20 Chicken Jiaozi Dumplings
- Bacon Tomato Jam
- Chili Oil
- Chiangkang Black Vinegar Sauce
- Dumplings arrive in branded vacuum packaging
Chicken Jiaozi Dumplings
Wrapper: flour, water, salt, tumeric
Filling: Ground chicken thigh, scallion, ginger, Chinese five spice, soy sauce, mushroom sauce, sesame oil, canola oil, kosher salt
Dumpling Sauce: Soy Sauce, sugar, Chiangkang black vinegar, sesame oil
Chili Oil: Canola oil, chili flakes, Sichuan peppercorn, cayenne, paprika
Cheese Burger Potstickers
Wrapper: flour, water, salt, paprika
Filling: Ground beef (Choice Grade Stone Creek Chuck Roast), dice onion, Cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce, kosher salt, black pepper, mushroom sauce
Bacon tomato jam: Bacon, tomato, onion, sugar, fructose syrup, salt, black pepper
Instructions / Storage
- Dumplings ship frozen with ice packs, ice packs may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, immediately place the dumplings and potsickers in the freezer
- May be kept frozen for up to a month
- Sauce and chili oil be left in the refrigerator
- Bacon tomato jam may be left in the refrigerator to slowly defrost
h3, To Serve
Chicken Jiaozi Dumplings
- Bring 6 Qts. of water to a boil in a large pot
- Place frozen dumplings into the pot and bring the water back to a simmer
- Turn down the heat to medium, maintain this temperature for cooking
- Simmer the dumplings for around 8 to 9 minutes, gently stirring the dumplings so they are cooking evenly
- Be sure to add a touch of cold water to calm down the water temperature when needed
- Strain and serve with vinegar sauce and chili oil
Giant Cheese Burger Potstickers
- Place the nonstick pan over medium heat
- As soon as you placed the pan, add 2 TBSP of cooking oil and place the potstickers in the pan right away, you don’t need to wait till the pan gets hot.
- After the potstickers are in the pan, ladle about 6 oz. of room temperature water into the pan and cover with the lid right away
- Set a timer for 10 minutes, make sure the water in the pan is simmering, not boiling, and leave the lid on until your 10 minutes is up
- Remove the cover, the top of the potstickers should be fully cooked, there should be a little more starchy water left
- Turn up the heat a little bit, watch the water to evaporate and the bottom of the potstickers started to turn brown (about 1 – 2 minutes)
- When they are golden brown on the bottom, they are ready
- Defrost the jam in the refrigerator or microwave
- Serve the hot dumpling wite the jam at room temperature
- Shirley Chung’s Ms. Chi ships Tuesday – Friday each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via overnight will incur an additional $35 charge. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.