Make your own Beijing Zhajiangmain Chinese Pork Belly Noodles! This kit features slowly simmered pork belly ragu made with house-ground Duroc pork belly, fermented soybean paste from famous Beijing Soy Sauce house “Liu Bi Ju,” and two bundles of thick-cut noodles with vegetables and pickles on the side as noodle garnishes!
Chef Shirley Chung’s Ms. Chi showcases her passion for progressive Chinese American cuisine. Every dish at Ms. Chi showcases Chung’s unique culinary creations inspired by traditional authentic Northern-style cuisine and made with the highest quality local fresh produce and spices. Everything at the Los Angeles restaurant, which opened in 2018, is house-made including their dumpling wrappers, sauces, and more. Every bite is an exuberant taste of the future of Chinese-American food. Ms. Chi has been featured on the Food Network’s “The Big Bucket List” and Chung was the runner up on “Top Chef” Season 14 and has been a featured chef at the James Beard House.
This package serves 4 people and includes:
- 2 bundles of Noodles (Each 12 oz)
- 2 pts. Zhajiang (Pork Belly Ragu)
- 1/2 C Edamame Beans
- 1/2 C Marinated Bean Sprouts
- 1/2 C Sliced Radish
- 1/2 C Pickled Cabbage
- 1/2 C Pickled Carrots
- 2 containers Black Vinegar (each 2 oz.)
- 2 containers Chili Oil (each 2 oz.)
Noodles: Flour, Water, Salt, Egg
Pork Belly Ragu Pork Belly, Ginger, Garlic, Fermented Soy Bean Paste, Sugar, Star Anise
Instructions / Storage
- Kit ships frozen with dry ice
- Do not remove dry ice with bare hands
- Upon arrival, immediately place the kit in the freezer
- May be kept frozen for up to a month
- Sauces and chili may be left in the refrigerator
- Boil water in the large pot
- When the water is rapidly boiling, drop the noodles in the pot
- Stir and separate well
- Cook for 1 minute for more chewy texture, or 2 minutes for softer noodles
Pork Belly Ragu
- Place the pork belly sauce in a pot
- Reheat on a medium flame to 165 degrees or more, the sauce should be bubbling, (be careful don’t burn the bottom)
- Place hot noodles in a large bowl
- Place 1 cup of sauce over the noodles
- Add garnishes around the bowl
- Add a touch of Chiangkang black vinegar and Chili Oil
- Toss everything together and enjoy!!
- Shirley Chung’s Ms. Chi ships Tuesday – Friday each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via overnight will incur an additional $35 charge. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.