This maccheroni and meat sauce isn’t fancy — it’s not a 15 hour ragu made 17 days in advance with prosciutto scraps — it’s just a classic pasta dish made with high quality ingredients and childhood memories. Included in this kit are fresh maccheroni pasta and a meat sauce made with ground beef, tomato, and red wine, with parmesan and fresh parsley to garnish.
If you’ve spent any time watching Food Network over the past few years, then you definitely know Chef Antonia Lofaso. She began her cooking career at Wolfgang Puck’s renowned Spago, and rose to fame as a top-four contender on “Top Chef: Chicago.” She’s a regular on Food Network shows including “The Best Thing I Ever Ate,” and is the Executive Chef and owner of one of LA’s hottest Italian restaurants, Scopa Italian Roots. Located in the heart of Venice, Scopa Italian Roots opened in 2013 and was immediately hailed for its warm and inviting atmosphere and stunning authentic Italian cooking. Its menu of old-school Italian classics made with the freshest available ingredients has attracted a strong local following and made it a consistently reliable neighborhood standby.
This package serves 4 people and includes
- Scopa’s Housemade Meat Sauce (1 Qt.)
- Fresh Maccheroni Pasta (1.5 lbs.)
- Parmesan Wedge (4 oz.)
- Chopped Parsley (2.5 oz.)
- Cheese Grater Not Included
- Pasta – Flour, Eggs Salt, Water.
- Meat Sauce – Ground Beef, Carrots, Celery, Onion, Tomato Paste, Red Wine, Chicken Stock (Onion, Celery, Carrot, Bay Leaf, Peppercorns), Rosemary, Salt.
Allergens: Gluten, Allium, Nightshades, Dairy, Egg
Instructions / Storage
- Sauce and pasta ship frozen with ice packs, may thaw during transit.
- Remaining items ship fresh.
- Upon arrival, store items in the refrigerator.
- Sauce and pasta last up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Parsley lasts up to 2 days in the refrigerator.
- Parmesan lasts up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Pasta + Sauce Kit
For the Sauce
- Place 4-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove sauce from plastic and pour into the saucepan, stirring occasionally.
- Heat until simmering.
For the Pasta
- Bring 2 quarts of water (salted like the ocean) to boil in a medium 4-quart saucepan.
- Remove pasta from the plastic and add to water.
- Cook pasta for 6-8 minutes.
- Strain the pasta (reserve 1/4 cup of pasta water to add to sauce if needed).
- Add into warm sauce.
Plating and Finishing
- After adding pasta into the warm sauce, cook for an additional 3 minutes (if the sauce becomes too thick, add some of the reserved pasta water).
- Plate pasta and sauce into a bowl.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Scopa Italian Roots ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.