This smoked turkey is boldly seasoned with a rub made with salt, brown sugar, garlic, onion, paprika, and chili before being smoked to perfection over post oak wood.
The Schmidt family is Central Texas barbecue royalty, with family roots in ‘cue dating back more than 80 years. Patriarch Edgar “Smitty” Schmidt began working at Lockhart’s renowned Kreuz Market back in 1936 and bought the business in 1948. The legendary barbecue joint was passed down to Smitty’s children and grandchildren, and in 2013 Edgar’s grandchildren expanded the family tradition by opening Schmidt Family Barbecue.
This package serves 12-16 people and includes 1 Whole Smoked Turkey Breast
- Turkey Breast 4 lbs. (12” x 8” x 3”)
- Choose to add more!
Add-on Options Include:
- 1 Qt. Pinto Beans
- 1 Qt. Poblano Creamed Corn
- 1 Qt. Green Beans
- 1 Qt. Jalapeno Mac-n-Cheese
- 1 Qt. Mac-n-Cheese
- Add 1 Rack of Ribs
Smoked Turkey Breast – Salt, Spices, Monosodium Glutamate, Garlic, Sugar, Brown Sugar, Onion, Paprika, Chili Peppers, Bell Peppers, Citric Acid, Lemon Oil and Silicon Dioxide (Free Flow Agent).
Pinto Beans – Bacon, Lard, Onion, Jalapeno, Garlic Powder, Salt
Poblano Creamed Corn – Cream, Cream Cheese, Poblano, Onion, Sugar and Brisket Rub
Green Beans – Onion, Salt, Pepper
Mac-n-Cheese – Cheese, Milk
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships with dry ice
- DO NOT handle dry ice with bare hands
- Meat will last up to 2 weeks in the fridge, 3-6 months frozen
- Upon arrival, place meat in the freezer
Smoked Turkey Breast
- Thaw overnight in the refrigerator
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees
- Remove vacuum-sealed plastic bag
- Add 1/2 lb. of butter on top of the turkey and wrap tightly in heavy duty foil
- Bake for 1-1.5 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees
- Serve immediately
- Thaw overnight in the refrigerator (do not remove from vacuum sealed plastic bag)
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and bring to a light boil
- Place bag into the pot and boil for approximately 10 minutes
- Turn burner off and allow the bag to sit in the hot water for 5 minutes
- Remove from the pot, open the vacuum sealed bag, and serve
- Schmidt Family BBQ ships Monday – Friday each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via overnight will incur an additional $35 charge. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.