Prime-Grade Whole Brisket - 7 lbs.
The Texas King and Schmidt’s biggest seller! This brisket is U.S.D.A. Prime-grade beef seasoned with bold and flavorful spices. It’s slow-smoked 18 to 20 hours using post oak wood to impart that true Central Texas flavor.
The Schmidt family is Central Texas barbecue royalty, with family roots in ‘cue dating back more than 80 years. Patriarch Edgar “Smitty” Schmidt began working at Lockhart’s renowned Kreuz Market back in 1936 and bought the business in 1948. The legendary barbecue joint was passed down to Smitty’s children and grandchildren, and in 2013 Edgar’s grandchildren expanded the family tradition by opening Schmidt Family Barbecue.
This package serves 18-21 people and includes 1 whole brisket.
- Each brisket is 7-8 lbs (15” x 9” x 2”)
- Choose to add more!
Add-on Options Include:
- 1 Qt. Pinto Beans
- 1 Qt. Poblano Creamed Corn
- 1 Qt. Green Beans
- 1 Qt. Jalapeno Mac-n-Cheese
- 1 Qt. Mac-n-Cheese
- Add 1 Rack of Ribs
Brisket – Salt, Spices, Monosodium Glutamate, Garlic, Sugar, Brown Sugar, Onion, Paprika, Chili Peppers, Bell Peppers, Butter Flavor (Corn Starch, Modified Tapioca Starch, Dextrose, Gum Arabic and Artificial Flavor), Lemon Flavor (Sugar, Concentrated Lemon Oil, Citral and Silicon Dioxide [Free Flow Agent], Tenderizer (Proteolytic Enzyme Derived from Aspergillus Flavus Oryzae and from Papaya), Citric Acid, Calcium Stearate (Free Flow Agent), Silicon Dioxide (Free Flow Agent), Propylene Glycol (to preserve freshness), TBHQ, and Citric Acid.
Pinto Beans – Bacon, Lard, Onion, Jalapeno, Garlic Powder, Salt
Poblano Creamed Corn – Cream, Cream Cheese, Poblano, Onion, Sugar and Brisket Rub
Green Beans – Onion, Salt, Pepper
Mac-n-Cheese – Cheese, Milk
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships with dry ice
- DO NOT handle dry ice with bare hands
- Brisket will last up to 2 weeks in the fridge, 3-6 months frozen
- Upon arrival, place brisket in the freezer
- Thaw overnight in the refrigerator
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees
- Remove vacuum-sealed plastic bag, but keep brisket wrapped in butcher paper
- Bake for 2-3 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches 135 degrees
- Rest brisket for 30 minutes prior to removing the butcher paper and slicing
- Slice brisket “against” the grain.
- Thaw overnight in the refrigerator (do not remove from vacuum sealed plastic bag)
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and bring to a light boil
- Place bag into the pot and boil for approximately 10 minutes
- Turn burner off and allow the bag to sit in the hot water for 5 minutes
- Remove from the pot, open the vacuum sealed bag, and serve
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Schmidt Family BBQ ships Monday – Friday each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via overnight will incur an additional $35 charge. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.