Sarge’s Deli ships its delicious Monster sandwich kit nationwide on Goldbelly! Make the Monster, Feast on the Monster. This behemoth of a sandwich comes to your door as a build-your-own kit, filled with all of the ingredients you will need and more to create New York City’s largest sandwich. Each sandwich is meant to be between 10 and 12 inches tall and serves between 3 to 4 people.
This iconic Jewish deli has been the promised land of pastrami since Abe “Sarge” Katz, a retired NYPD cop, opened its doors in 1964. It’s the true New York deli experience — complete with signed celebrity photos hanging on the walls, Tiffany lamps, and the scent of smoky pastrami wafting among the classic diner booths. Sarge’s famous pastrami comes from an old family recipe, and it’s one of the last New York delis to cure its pastrami in-house. Thrillist named Sarge’s Deli one of the 10 Best Places to Get Pastrami in NYC.
This package serves 3-4 people and includes everything you need to make 4 Monster Sandwiches
- Pastrami (1/3 lb.)
- Corned Beef (1/3 lb.)
- Roast Beef (1/3 lb.)
- Fresh Roast Turkey (1/3 lb.)
- Salami (1/3 lb.)
- Pickles ( 1 Qt.)
- 3 GIANT slices of Thick Seeded Rye Bread
- Cole Slaw (1/2 lb.)
- Russian Dressing (1/2 lb.)
- Once constructed, the Monster Sandwich is meant to be between 10-12" tall.
Instructions / Storage
- Place one slice of the Thick Rye Bread on a flat surface
- Spread a small amount of the Russian Dressing over the bread
- Unwrap all the meat packages before stacking.
- In order to get the entire flavor experience, place the Corned Beef & Pastrami in a microwave on a flat ceramic plate for 15 to 20 seconds. The Turkey, Roast Beef, and Salami can served at room temperature.
- First stack the Corned Beef and Pastrami on top of the bread
- Then place the Cole Slaw on top of the meats and add some additional Russian Dressing.
- Place the second slice of the bread on top of Cole Slaw.
- Follow the same procedure for stacking the Turkey, Roast Beef & Salami.
- Place several pieces of your favorite lettuce and beef steak tomato on the top of the Salami.
- Spread the remaining Russian dressing on the remaining piece of Rye Bread
- Finish by placing a wooden skewer through the entire sandwich.
- Now let’s see if you can “Defeat the Monster!!!
- Sarge’s Deli ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- No deliveries Saturday, Sunday or Monday
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.