Don’t be mislead by the shops name, these carnitas pies are the sleeper hit. During our Goldebelly taste test, people were sneaking whole pies back to their desks! These are bursting with flavor and are sure to be a new favorite.
Opened in 1938, family-owned San Diego Chicken Pie Shop is the 4th oldest restaurant in San Diego. The folks here are no spring chickens, they pride themselves on tradition and on being a constant in the community. Homesick San Diegans who have moved away even buy coolers of these pies when they come home to visit, so that if ever they get peck-ish they’ll have a taste of home and history.
- This package includes 8 Carnitas Pies (4" each)
Crust- flour, vegetable shortening, milk, salt, and sugar
Filling- pork, potatoes, pacilla peppers, onion, cilantro and roasted salsa
Instructions / Storage
- Pies ship frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Remove from package immediately and place in fridge or freezer
- To serve, defrost the pies in the fridge, preheat oven to 350 degrees, and bake for 45 minutes or until the crust is golden
- Refrigerated, pies are best enjoyed within 48 hours
- Frozen, pies can be enjoyed for up to 2 weeks
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- San Diego Chicken Pie Shop ships Monday – Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via overnight will incur an additional $35 charge. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.