Salty Pork Bits honors the centuries-old tradition of charcuterie-making by combining old-world techniques with new-world flavors and our own housemade ingredients. Mold is never introduced into our curing room, allowing each salami to develop clean flavors that let the ingredients shine through. All of our salumi is handcrafted by a team of chefs in Pittsburgh, Pa. We carefully select and butcher animals from small independent farms nearby the Allegheny region that demonstrate humane, sustainable farming practices.
Since 2018, Salty Pork Bits has been honoring the centuries-old tradition of charcuterie-making by combining old world techniques with new world flavors. Salty Pork Bits’ salumi is handcrafted by a team of chefs in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, who carefully select and butcher animals from farms that demonstrate humane, sustainable farming practices. Chef Justin Severino, a four-time James Beard Award nominee for Best Chef Mid-Atlantic, has crafted proprietary recipes for traditional salamis like French saucisson sec and Italian finocchiona, but his creativity really shines through in his non-traditional salamis, in flavors like leek ash porcini, Negroni (made with Campari, sweet vermouth and juniper), and Fernet.
This package serves 4-6 people and includes
- Toscano – A rich Italian pork salami with red wine and black peppercorn
- Genoa – A classic Italian pork salami with garlic, white wine, fennel seed and black pepper
- Marinated Olive – an original pork salami made with preserved lemon, roasted garlic, rosemary, and a trio of olives — oil-cured, Castelvetrano, and Manzanilla.
- Ramp salami
- Lamb chorizo salami
- Negroni – an unconventional pork salami infused with the flavors of a classic Negroni, Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth, Campari, orange zest, and juniper.
- Cornichons (3 oz.)
- Whole Grain Mustard (7 oz.)
- Memebrillo (7 oz.)
- Each salami is approx 3.5 oz. and 5" long
- Toscano Salami – Pork, Red Wine, Garlic, Black Pepper, Salt, Sugar, Sodium Nitrite, Non-fat Milk Powder And Lactic Acid Starter Culture.
- Genoa Salami – Pork, Garlic, White Wine, Fennel Seed, Black Pepper, Vin Cotto, Salt, Sugar, Sodium Nitrite, Non-fat Milk Powder And Lactic Acid Starter Culture.
- Negroni – Pork, Campari, Sweet Vermouth, Orange, Juniper, Salt, Sugar, Sodium Nitrite, Non-fat Milk Powder And Lactic Acid Starter Culture.
- Hazelnut Salami – Pork, Hazelnuts, Bourbon, Dried Sour Cherries, Salt, Nonfat Dry Milk Powder, Hazelnut Liqueur, Sugar, Lactic Acid Starter Culture, Cure #2 (Sea Salt, Sodium Nitrate, Sodium Nitrite, Fd&c Red #3).
- Marinated Olive Salami – Pork, Garlic, Castelvetrano Olives, Salt, Nonfat Dry Milk Powder, Manzanilla Olives, Sugar, Preserved Lemon, Oil Cured Olives, Rosemary, Lactic Acid Starter Culture, Cure #2 (Sea Salt, Sodium Nitrate, Sodium Nitrite, Fd&c Red #3)
- Lamb Sujuk Salami – Lamb, Red Wine, Salt, Nonfat Dry Milk Powder, Garlic, Ararat No. 35 (Urfa Biber, Pimenton Paprika, Fenugreek, Sugar, Beef Casing, Lactic Acid Starter Culture, Cure #2 (Sea Salt, Sodium Nitrate, Sodium Nitrite, Fd&c Red #3). Membrillo-quince, Sugar, Lemon.
- Whole Grain Mustard – Alcohol, Vinegar, Mustard Seeds, Water, Salt.
- Cornichons – Gerkins, Water, Vinegar, Salt, Onions, Spices(Mustard Seeds, Black Pepper, Coriander Seeds, Dehydrated Tarragon Leaves), Calcium Chloride, Potassium Metabisulphite, Flavor Extract(Tarragon).
Instructions / Storage
- Charcuterie ships with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival remove from foil insert and place in the refrigerator until ready to use
- Salami is technically a shelf-stable product, though we recommend storing in the refrigerator once received to preserve freshness, flavor, and aesthetics.
- May be enjoyed for up to 1 year from production, labeled with a best by sticker
- To serve, slice thin with a sharp knife
- Salty Pork Bits ships Tuesday & Wednesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.