Originating in Naples, the Triolo brothers have been perfecting their family’s secret calzone recipe from their family owned and operated Italian restaurant located in heart of Little Italy since 1977. Each fried calzone is stuffed to the brim with imported mozzarella and ricotta, as well as other Neapolitan classics like spicy pepperoni, sausage and fresh broccoli rabe. Dip it in their generations old red sauce made in-house for a crispy, tangy, cheese-filled bite you’ve ever had before.
Instagram photo courtesy of fellow food explorer @nycdining.
- Each pack includes 2 Calzones and a container of Sal’s secret family recipe red sauce.
- Each Calzone is approximately 9 inches in diameter and serves 2-3 people.
Instructions / Storage
Sal’s fried calzones are made-to-order and promptly frozen. Although each box is carefully packed with ice packs and picked up for immediate shipment, it is normal for the calzones and ice packs to partially or fully thaw during shipment. Upon receipt, please refrigerate or place in the freezer.
Calzones will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 7 days. If you wish to keep them longer, you can store them in the freezer for up to 6 months.Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Calzones Ship Tuesdays and Thursdays of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.