Saj Sandwich Kit for 6
Sahadi’s exclusive handmade saj bread sandwich meal kit. Each bread with a rolling pin and then cook on a gas-fired saj dome in our open kitchen in Brooklyn. Fresh ground falafel mix made from chickpeas and fava beans ground with fresh onion, parsley, and garlic and seasoned with a dozen spices. Just fry the falafel at home and you’re set! You could also opt for a slow braise zaatar seasoned chicken. A perfect blend of protein mixed with little tangy bits of pickles, crunchy fresh vegetables, and smooth zesty sauce. Delicious, party for 6.
Since its founding in Manhattan in 1898 (and especially since moving to Brooklyn’s bustling Atlantic Avenue in 1948), Sahadi’s has become renowned as the city’s go-to for Middle Eastern specialties. The Sahadi family hails from Lebanon, and their commitment to quality, community, and sourcing has earned them a special place in the hearts of Brooklynites — as well as recognition from the James Beard Foundation as a true American Classic.
This package serves 6 people and includes
- 1 Quart of Fresh Falafel Mix or Zaatar Chicken, your choice
- 1 Pint of Fresh-Cut Tomatoes
- 1 Pint of Sliced Cucumbers
- 1 Bag of Mixed Greens
- 6 Hand-made Saj Bread
- 1/2 Pint of Turnip Pickles
- 1/2 Pint of Tumeric Cauliflower Pickles
- 1/2 Pint of Sauce
- Green Tahini Sauce with Falafel and Tzatziki with Chicken
- A branded reusable insulated bag filled
Chickpeas, Fava Beans, Herbs, Spices, Chicken, Sesame Seeds, Sea Salt, Flour, Yeast, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Cauliflower, Turnips, Yogurt, Greens, Vinegar
Instructions / Storage
- Package ships with ice packs, may thaw in transit.
- Store all Meats, Sauce, Garnishes in the refrigerator until ready to make, for up to 4 days.
- Saj Bread should be kept at room temperature or frozen for up to 3 months
- We do not recommend freezing garnishes
- If desired, Saj Bread can be warmed in a microwave or oven
- Keep saj bread covered at room temperature until ready to roll sandwiches
- Heat 2" Canola or other high-temperature oil in a small saucepan.
- Portion falafel balls into balls with a little indent in the center to help cook through.
- Test oil temperature by dropping a pea-size ball of the falafel mix. If it sizzles immediately it is ready to go.
- Fry falafel balls a few at a time until well browned outside.
- Drain and start the party.
- Reheat in the oven or stovetop or microwave until fully warmed
- Sahadi’s ships on Monday-Wednesday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge. Sorry Guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.