A rich, firm fish from the fresh cold waters of the Great Lakes, Sable’s filets the whole whitefish after smoking it (leaving the skin on to preserve moisture). Enjoy its flaky texture and lightly smoked flavor on its own or use it to make a seafood salad (mix with mayonnaise), serve it with eggs and toast, or whip it into a homemade mousse. Note: even filleted whitefish may contain small bones.
Danny and Kenny Sze learned their trade working at New York’s appetizing legend, Zabar’s, for 12 years. In that time, they came to know all the best purveyors of smoked fish in NYC. Located on Second Avenue on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, Sable’s has been known as one of the city’s finest sources for smoked fish, bagels, and other Jewish “appetizing” specialties since it opened in 1992. The New York deli’s legendary lox and classic New York bagels — along with smoked sable, sturgeon, whitefish salad, and other brunch must-haves — keep the tradition of the great Jewish deli alive and keep die-hard fans coming back for more. Sable’s was declared to have "the best smoked salmon in the city” by The Village Voice.
- This package serves 2-4 people and includes 1 lb. of Smoked Whitefish
Note: even filleted whitefish may contain small bones.
Instructions / Storage
- White fish ships with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Sable’s Smoked Fish ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.