This Scandinavian recipe is a recent addition to the Russ herring line. Believe us when we say that this mild curry marinade pairs perfectly with herring.
3 Fillets = 21 or 24 pieces
Simply serve with a starch — potato, bread, or crackers — and enjoy! Pair with vodka, aquavit, crisp white wine, or even sake for an unforgettable combination.
This product is not eligible for discounts or promotions, unless otherwise noted. Also, it cannot be purchased with promotional gift cards or referral credits.
Instructions / Storage
Herring has been a popular fish for centuries, primarily because of its long shelf life. Kept refrigerated, pickled herring in plain sauce, mustard and dill, curry, schmatlz, and rollmops will keep for 2 weeks in refrigeration. Pickled herring in cream sauce & Swedish matjes should be consumed within 6 days. Holland herring is more delicate and should be consumed within 3 days of purchase.Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Russ & Daughters ships Monday-Friday of each week
- No deliveries Sunday or Monday
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.