Sable was once referred to as “poor man’s sturgeon,” but don’t let the old moniker fool you. With its melt-in-your mouth flavor and buttery texture, sable is served in some of the best restaurants around the world. It is also classic appetizing. Line caught in Northern Pacific waters, this black cod is smoked to Russ family specifications and then dusted with a thin coat of paprika to lock in its natural moistness and round out the flavor.
Chubs, brook trout, and whole whitefish all contain bones. We do our best to remove the majority of bones when we fillet (de-bone) a whitefish and when we slice sturgeon and sable. We make no guarantee that these fish will be completely free of bones or cartilage.
Fish arrives hand-sliced and easy to serve.
This product is not eligible for discounts or promotions, unless otherwise noted. Also, it cannot be purchased with promotional gift cards or referral credits.
Instructions / Storage
All of our select smoked fish will keep approximately one week in refrigeration.Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Russ & Daughters ships Monday-Friday of each week
- No deliveries Sunday or Monday
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.