Rogue Creamery ships its legendary cheese nationwide on Goldbelly! Try a taste of the Pacific North BEST! This gift is filled with Rogue Creamery’s 2019 award-winning cheeses paired with their favorite local, organic, Pacific Northwest accompaniments. This cheese gift pack includes Oregon Blue, Caveman Blue, Smokey Blue, Crater Lake Blue, Jefferson Cheddar, Rogue’s Mary Cheddar, Mount Mazama Cheddar, Rogue Roasters Coffee, Bee Local Raw Blackberry Honey, Theo’s Sea Salt 70% Dark Bar, an insulated Nellie bag, and a handmade 5×8 inch cutting board. The Pacific North Best Gift even includes a card explaining which cheese won what award in 2019!
Hidden in Oregon’s Rogue River Valley is one of the oldest and most celebrated cheesemakers in the United States — Rogue Creamery. Opened in 1933 by Tom Vella, Rogue Valley Cheeses’ cave-dwelling blue cheeses feature characteristic deep blue veins streaking throughout and can spend up to six months maturing, depending on the desired intensity of flavor. Rogue Creamery is the only American cheese producer to win the top prize at the World Cheese Awards in Birmingham, England, and The New York Times proclaimed this “the world’s best cheese.”
Each 2019’s Pacific North Best Sampler package includes:
- Organic Oregon Blue Cheese, (6 oz.)
- Organic Caveman Blue Cheese, (6 oz.)
- Organic Smokey Blue Cheese, (6 oz.)
- Organic Crater Lake Blue Cheese (6 oz.)
- Organic Jefferson Cheddar (8 oz.)
- Organic Mount Mazama Cheddar (8 oz.)
- Organic Mary Cheddar (8 oz.)
- 1 jar of Bee Local Raw Blackberry Honey
- 1 bag of Rogue Roasters Coffee
- 1 Theo’s Sea Salt 70% Dark Chocolate Bar
- 1 Handmade Cutting Board (5″ × 8″)
- 1 Insulated Nellie Bag
- All Cheeses are certified Organic
Instructions / Storage
Here are nine for keeping your cheese in stellar shape.
1. Don’t confuse storage with aging. Once a wheel of cheese is cut, it will no longer age.
2. The softer the cheese, the shorter the shelf life. Fresh and high moisture cheeses like curds and fresh Mozzarella are meant to be eaten right away. Buy only what you can eat in a day or two.
3. The drier or more aged the cheese, the longer it will remain tasty at home. Highly aged cheeses will remain edible for the long haul if properly stored so you can buy a bit extra.
4. Let the cheese breathe! Storing cheese in plastic wrap will suffocate the cheese. Instead, opt for special cheese paper from www.formaticum.com or wrap in wax or parchment paper.
5. Maintain a cave-like environment. Cheeses love cool, moist conditions. Store tightly wax wrapped pieces of cheese in a loose zip – lock bag in the in the cheese drawer plastic container of the refrigerator to minimize temperature fluctuation and moisture loss. Never re use plastic wrap or wax paper as it will never behave the same way again.
6. Stop mold migration. Separate cheese with visible mold growth. Store blue and white molded cheeses apart from other cheeses to prevent mold from traveling where it isn’t wanted.
7. Mold Happens. If a spot of green, gray or white mold appears on the surface of your cheese, simply cut it away and enjoy the remainder. Most molds are harmless but avoid black or pink tinged specimens.
8. Serve only what you will eat in one sitting. Cheese loses moisture and weeps butterfat out of refrigeration. For best quality, cut smaller wedges for serving and refrigerate the rest.
9. Serve at room temperature. Allow cheese to come up to room temperature before serving. Let it sit approximately 30 minutes (loosely covered to avoid drying out) to soften the texture and bring out the aroma and flavor.Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Rogue Creamery ships Monday-Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.