Herb Cheese & Chocolate
Lavender is prolific in Southern Oregon, Rogue Creamery celebrates this bounty with La Di Da Lavender Cheddar. Rogue’s Mary (rosemary) Cheddar and Oregon Blue round out this cheese plate. Heightening the aromatic indulgence with Dagoba’s Lavender chocolate bar. This selection is perfect for light crispy beverage pairings.
This package includes:
- La Di Da Lavender Cheddar (8 oz)
- Organic Rogue’s Mary Cheddar (8 oz)
- Organic Oregon Blue (7 oz)
- Dagoba Lavender Blueberry (1 bar)
- Organic Potter’s Crackers (1 box)
- All Cheeses are certified Organic
Instructions / Storage
Here are nine for keeping your cheese in stellar shape.
1. Don’t confuse storage with aging. Once a wheel of cheese is cut, it will no longer age.
2. The softer the cheese, the shorter the shelf life. Fresh and high moisture cheeses like curds and fresh Mozzarella are meant to be eaten right away. Buy only what you can eat in a day or two.
3. The drier or more aged the cheese, the longer it will remain tasty at home. Highly aged cheeses will remain edible for the long haul if properly stored so you can buy a bit extra.
4. Let the cheese breathe! Storing cheese in plastic wrap will suffocate the cheese. Instead, opt for special cheese paper from www.formaticum.com or wrap in wax or parchment paper.
5. Maintain a cave-like environment. Cheeses love cool, moist conditions. Store tightly wax wrapped pieces of cheese in a loose zip – lock bag in the in the cheese drawer plastic container of the refrigerator to minimize temperature fluctuation and moisture loss. Never re use plastic wrap or wax paper as it will never behave the same way again.
6. Stop mold migration. Separate cheese with visible mold growth. Store blue and white molded cheeses apart from other cheeses to prevent mold from traveling where it isn’t wanted.
7. Mold Happens. If a spot of green, gray or white mold appears on the surface of your cheese, simply cut it away and enjoy the remainder. Most molds are harmless but avoid black or pink tinged specimens.
8. Serve only what you will eat in one sitting. Cheese loses moisture and weeps butterfat out of refrigeration. For best quality, cut smaller wedges for serving and refrigerate the rest.
9. Serve at room temperature. Allow cheese to come up to room temperature before serving. Let it sit approximately 30 minutes (loosely covered to avoid drying out) to soften the texture and bring out the aroma and flavor.Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Rogue Creamery ships Monday-Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.