A small, firm pearl of vibrant orange with a slightly sweet and briny taste, delivering a splendid pop. Add atop any baked or grilled fish for beautiful and delicious flair.
Founded by renowned chef Thomas Keller and caviar expert Shaoching Bishop, Regiis Ova caviar is all farmed and sustainably harvested. Regiis Ova ensures that their hand selected farms take proper care of the fish and that all daily practices are of the utmost quality. Sourced from farms in the US, Asia and South America, the seasonal roes are rotated regularly and naturally flavored by chefs at The French Laundry. These sturgeon farms all meet the standards of Chef Keller’s restaurant and he looks forward to delivering you the ultimate caviar experience.
- Choose between 50g – 250g of Trout Roe
- 50g of caviar serves 2-4 people, 250g can serve up to 15 guests
- Caviar arrives in beautiful black branded box, and branded jars or tins
- Add a Mother of Pearl Spoon – Hand carved Mother of Pearl spoons are the traditional accoutrements used to serve caviar, since Mother of Pearl (like wood, gold, animal horn) is inert and does not affect the caviar’s fragile flavor. Any other type of silver tableware could alter the taste of caviar and impart an unpleasant flavor
- Add Blini Mix – Each bag makes 32 blinis and is gluten-free. Detailed instructions and recipes are included
- Add a Caviar Tin Opener – A beautiful necessity for caviar tins
Blini Mix – Buckwheat flour, cornstarch, white rice flour, brown rice flour, cane sugar, milk powder, tapioca flour, baking powder, potato starch, salt, xanthan gum
Instructions / Storage
- Caviar are sealed in jars or tins and shipped with ice packs to maintain freshness
- Upon arrival, place the caviar and/or roe in the refrigerator (keep in the coldest section, towards the back, of the refrigerator if possible)
- Caviar can be stored in the refrigerator unopened for up to 6 weeks. Once opened, caviar is best enjoyed within 2 days for best flavor
- Do not freeze caviar
- Buckwheat blini dry mix is shelf stable and can be stored at room temperature
- You will need buttermilk and eggs to make blinis
- Cooked blinis can be stored in the freezer for serving later. To serve from frozen, thaw and then toast in a toaster oven or conventional oven until warm
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Regiis Ova ships Monday through Friday of each week
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge. Sorry guys!
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.