Regiis Ova Caviar by Chef Thomas Keller ships its famous caviar nationwide on Goldbelly! Limited quantities are currently available for this truly special caviar. Golden Kaluga Hybrid with its pure flavor and pleasant light after taste is golden in color. Golden Kaluga Hybrid is an imported crossbreed of Kaluga and Amur Sturgeon, each individual egg is large and firm in texture. The beautiful eggs gently pop as you pearl them in your mouth with complete satisfaction. Only the finest Golden Caviar is considered for Regiis Ova, both hand-picked and packed the day your order ships. The set includes 30g, 50g, or 100g caviar tin, a jar of crème fraîche, and a bag of blini mix (gift box is additional).
Chef Thomas Keller’s Regiis Ova Caviar (“Royal Egg” in Latin) is an affordable, farm-raised, and sustainably harvested caviar company based in California’s Napa Valley. Regiis Ova Caviar was founded by Keller and caviar expert Shaoching Bishop in 2018. Sourced from sturgeon farms in the U.S., Asia, and South America, the seasonal roes are rotated regularly and naturally flavored by chefs at the three Michelin-starred The French Laundry.
This package includes your choice between 30g – 100g of Golden Kaluga Hybrid Caviar
- 30g of caviar serves 1-2 people, 50g serves 2-4 people, and 100g serves 3-6 people
- 1 jar of Crème Fraîche (2.5 oz)
- 1 bag of Blini Mix (6 oz)
- Each bag of Blini Mix makes 32 blinis
- Buttermilk and eggs are not included in this package
Add On Options Include
- Jar of Crème Fraîche (2.5 oz)
- Leather Gift Box
- Caviar Tin Opener – A beautiful necessity for caviar tins
- Mother of Pearl Spoon – Hand carved Mother of Pearl spoons are the traditional accoutrements used to serve caviar, since Mother of Pearl (like wood, gold, animal horn) is inert and does not affect the caviar’s fragile flavor. Any other type of silver tableware could alter the taste of caviar and impart an unpleasant flavor
Blini Mix – Buckwheat Flour, Cornstarch, White Rice Flour, Brown Rice Flour, Cane Sugar, Milk Powder, Tapioca Flour, Baking Powder, Potato Starch, Salt, Xanthan Gum
Golden Kaluga Hybrid Caviar – Sturgeon Roe, Salt
Crème Fraîche – Cream, Culture
Instructions / Storage
- Caviar is sealed in specialty tins and shipped with ice packs to maintain freshness
- Upon arrival, place the caviar and/or roe in the refrigerator (keep in the coldest section, towards the back, of the refrigerator if possible)
- Caviar can be stored in the refrigerator unopened for up to 6 weeks. Once opened, caviar is best enjoyed within 2 days for best flavor
- Do not freeze caviar
- Buckwheat blini dry mix is shelf stable and can be stored at room temperature
- You will need buttermilk and eggs to make blinis
- Cooked blinis can be stored in the freezer for serving later. To serve from frozen, thaw and then toast in a toaster oven or conventional oven until warm
- Preheat griddle or non stick pan to 375 F
- Mix eggs, buttermilk, and water until combined.
- Add Cup4Cup buckwheat blini mix, and stir until completely smooth, allow to rest for 5 minutes
- Lightly coat pan with clarified butter or oil.
- Pour blini batter onto preheated surface in 1/2 ounce portions, cook until all bubbles have popped, approx. 2 minutes.
- Flip, cook another 1-2 minutes. Blini should have slight resistance to the touch
- Regiis Ova ships Monday through Friday of each week
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge. Sorry guys!
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.