This DIY Baking kit will help you pull off 18 homemade mint chocolate sandwich cookies! Crushed candy cane adds a merry flourish to these slender sandwich cookies. Dipped in melted chocolate, they’re an elevated take on the classic chocolate-mint combo.
Sisters Agathe and Arielle knew there had to be a better way to pull off a Pinterest perfect treat, so they created Red Velvet in Brooklyn, New York to bring developed baking boxes that come with nearly everything you need to create gourmet treats to impress. Red Velvet has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, InStyle, The BBC, Food & Wine Magazine, Business Insider, Cosmopolitan, RedBook, and ABC.
This package makes 18 Mint Chocolate Sandwich Cookies and includes:
- Pre-measured ingredients
- A detailed recipe card
- Arrives in a beautiful branded box. Perfect for a gift!
- Eggs & Butter not included
Flour, Vanilla Extract, Peppermint Extract, Salt, Granulated Sugar, Bittersweet Chocolate, Candy Canes.
Allergens: Wheat/Gluten, Dairy, Egg.
Instructions / Storage
- Box arrives ready to use
- Eggs & Butter not included
- Store in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Remove 1 egg and 1 stick unsalted butter from refrigerator; allow butter to come to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour and salt.
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and granulated sugar on high, scraping down bowl as needed, until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add flour salt mixture, then vanilla extract and egg; beat until fully combined.
- Using a spatula, transfer dough to the disposable piping bag provided. Once the bag is filled, push the dough towards the open tip to release any excess air, and twist the top of the bag to close tight.
- Using the parchment paper provided, line two baking sheets with paper.
- Pipe 36 cookies (3/4-inch wide by 2 inches long), 1/2 inch apart, onto sheets. Chill in the refrigerator until firm, 20 minutes.
- Bake until cookie edges are light golden, about 15 minutes; rotate sheets halfway through.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Place chocolate in a small heatproof bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments until melted, about 2 minutes.
- Add peppermint extract and mix to combine. With a small offset spatula or spoon, spread chocolate on flat side of half the cookies.
- Sandwich cookie halves together and let the chocolate filling harden.
- Once 18 sandwiches have set (and are fused together), dip the ends into the same peppermint chocolate mixture. If the mixture has hardened, you can microwave it again for a few seconds.
- Crush candy canes. Without removing the candy cane from the plastic bag, pound with a pan or rolling pin until crushed.
- While the chocolate is still wet, sprinkle crushed candy cane onto the exterior. Allow to set. To speed things up, you can place the cookies in the fridge for a bit.
- Red Velvet ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.