This is the perfect gift to bring home for the holidays. These iced cookies are a hit with kids, but warm fall spices—and a kick of black pepper—make them irresistible to adults as well. Gather your friends and family around to bake 18 people-shaped cookies with help from a gingerbread cookie cutter that’s included in this kit. Then, have a blast and let your creativity shine as you ice your spice-filled cookies with colorful homemade icing.
This package makes 18 gingerbread people (4" each) and includes:
- Pre-measured ingredients
- A detailed recipe card
- Cookie cutter
- Disposable piping bags
- Parchment paper for easy baking
- Arrives in a beautiful branded box. Perfect for a gift!
- Eggs & Butter not included
Flour, Baking Soda, Salt, Vanilla Extract, Granulated Sugar, Brown Sugar, Molasses, Ginger, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Cloves, Food Coloring, Confectioner’s Sugar, Meringue Powder.
Allergens: Wheat/Gluten, Dairy, Eggs.
Instructions / Storage
- Box arrives ready to use
- Eggs & Butter not included
- Store in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months
- Take out 1 egg and 1 stick of butter from your refrigerator; bring to room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, cloves, and black pepper.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars (granulated and brown) on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg, molasses, and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour mixture and combine with a spatula.
- Divide dough in half and wrap in plastic wrap, then flatten and shape into two discs. Chill in the refrigerator until firm, at least 1 hour or up to 3 days.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F; set two racks near the middle of the oven.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper provided.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator.
- Heavily flour your work surface and dough, using the surface prep flour. Roll out the dough to about 1⁄4 inch thick, turning and adding more flour under and over the dough as necessary.
- With the cookie cutter, cut out shapes and gently transfer about 9 cookies to each of the prepared baking sheets, using a spatula if necessary.
- Gather the dough scraps and knead into a ball, then roll out and cut again, adding more flour as necessary. Repeat until scraps are used up.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes or until firm, rotating the sheets from top to bottom and front to back halfway through.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for several minutes until set, then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- When the cookies are completely cool, make the royal icing. In a medium bowl, whisk together the confectioner’s sugar and meringue powder. Add 3 tablespoons of lukewarm water, 1 tablespoon at a time. The icing will start out thick and lumpy. Slowly add 1 more tablespoon of water (you may not need all of it) until the icing resembles thick honey. Continue to whisk until thick and fluffy. Then divide icing evenly into 3 small bowls. Using a small spoon or toothpick, add the food coloring to each icing bowl.
- Stir color until even, working quickly to prevent drying. Use a spatula to fill each piping bag. To fill, fold over the top to form a cuff, scoop in icing, then unfold and twist to push down, releasing any air bubbles. Twist the top of the bag to seal. When you’re ready to decorate, cut a tiny corner off of the piping bag (about 1/4 inch from the tip; Start very small, do a test, and go from there.) Follow our inspirations, or create your own and win the #bestdressedcookie contest! Let dry for at least an hour.
- Red Velvet ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.