This DIY Baking kit will help you pull off beautiful homemade classic coconut macaroons! These are taken to the next level when dipped in exotic and fruity ruby chocolate. Moist and chewy on the inside, these cookies have a delightful golden crisp exterior.
Sisters Agathe and Arielle knew there had to be a better way to pull off a Pinterest-perfect treat, so they created Red Velvet to bring pastry chef-developed recipes to the masses, along with everything needed to bake them! Whether you’re searching for a way to instill the love of baking in the children in your life, or want to whip up a pastry chef-level dessert without a trip to the supermarket (and with minimal wasted ingredients), these DIY baking kits will have you whipping up gourmet treats to impress in no time at all! Red Velvet has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, InStyle, Food & Wine, and more.
This package makes 24 Coconut Macaroons and includes:
- Pre-measured ingredients
- A detailed recipe card
- Arrives in a beautiful branded box. Perfect for a gift!
- Eggs not included
Box arrives with ribbon and gift message at no extra charge, include gift message at checkout
Coconut Flakes, Vanilla Extract, Salt, Granulated Sugar, Ruby Chocolate. Allergens: Nuts (Coconut), Egg.
Instructions / Storage
- Box arrives ready to use!
- Upon arrival, store box at room temperature.
- Box lasts up to 3 months at room temperature.
- Eggs not included.
- Wow, you’ve got some beautiful ingredients! Once you’ve unpacked your Red Velvet kit, remove 4 eggs from your refrigerator (not included). In one large stainless steel metal bowl and one small bowl, separate eggs into whites and yolks respectively; save yolks for another culinary adventure. Add coconut flakes, sugar, vanilla extract and salt directly into the bowl with the whites. Mix to combine with a heat-proof spatula. Prepare a 12×17 inch baking sheet with the parchment paper provided (or use a baking mat).
- Prepare a wide saucepan over medium heat with about 1 inch of water, until it comes to a simmer (it should bubble and steam should come off, but it should not boil). Set the metal bowl directly into the pan, holding it steady with an oven mitt. If your bowl bobs around in the water, lower the heat until it is stable. Stir the mixture continuously, until the egg whites have thickened slightly (they will still be translucent), about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove bowl from water and set aside for at least 10 minutes to cool.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Once cool enough to handle, scoop a tablespoon-size mound of the coconut mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Press the ball together gently, until it holds its shape. Make 24 coconut mounds 1 inch apart (cookies will not spread while baking). Bake for about 13-15 minutes, rotating the baking sheet every 5 minutes, until the coconut tips begin to turn golden brown. Remove and let cool to room temperature.
- Prepare a tray that can be placed in your refrigerator with wax paper provided and set aside. Place ruby chocolate in a small heatproof bowl and heat in the microwave in 30-second increments, about 90 seconds, or until melted.
- Gently peel each cookie off the parchment paper to prepare for dipping. Note: if cookies are not completely cooled they may break apart. Dip the bottom of each cookie into the melted chocolate, scrape off any excess or runoff with a butter knife, and place onto prepared paper.
- Allow chocolate to set (this happens slowly), or place in your refrigerator for 1 hour to accelerate. Enjoy with your favorite cup of tea or coffee!
- Red Velvet ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.