Red Velvet NYC ships its Chocolate Truffle Baking DIY Kit nationwide on Goldbelly! This DIY kit will help you pull off up to 60 homemade chocolate truffles! Easy to make but elegant enough to give as gifts, these rich chocolate treats are the busy baker’s holiday secret. Naturally gluten-free!
Sisters Agathe and Arielle knew there had to be a better way to pull off a Pinterest perfect treat, so they created Red Velvet in Brooklyn, New York to bring developed baking boxes that come with nearly everything you need to create gourmet treats to impress. Red Velvet has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, InStyle, The BBC, Food & Wine Magazine, Business Insider, Cosmopolitan, RedBook, and ABC.
This package includes everything you need to make 60 Chocolate Truffles
- Bittersweet Chocolate (8 oz.)
- Semisweet Chocolate (8 oz.)
- Vanilla Extract (0.14 oz.)
- Confectioner’s Sugar (7 oz.)
- Cocoa Powder (7 oz.)
- Espresso Powder (0.07 oz.)
- Heavy Cream (Shelf Stable)
- A detailed recipe card
- Arrives in a beautiful branded box. Perfect for a gift!
- Heavy Cream not included
- Each Chocolate Truffles measure 1"
- Box arrives with ribbon and gift message at no extra charge, include gift message at checkout
Bittersweet Chocolate, Semisweet Chocolate, Vanilla Extract, Espresso Powder, Confectioner’s Sugar, Cocoa Powder, Heavy Cream (Shelf-stable). Allergens: Soy, Milk.
Instructions / Storage
- Box arrives ready to use
- Heavy Cream not included
- Store in a cool, dry place for up to 3 months
- These will keep refrigerated for weeks, but serve at room temperature.
- Once you’ve unpacked your Red Velvet kit, you may want to take out your Grand Marnier liqueur for use in step 4.
- Make coffee by adding 1 Tbsp of hot water (from a kettle or microwave) to espresso powder in a small heat-proof cup or mug, and set aside.
- Place both chocolates in a large mixing bowl.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper provided.
- Heat 1 cup of heavy cream in a small saucepan on medium heat until it just boils. Turn off the heat and allow the cream to sit for 20 seconds.
- Pour the cream through a fine-mesh sieve into the bowl with chocolate.
- Using a whisk, slowly stir the cream and chocolates together until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Whisk in the brewed coffee, vanilla, and, if you’re using it, Grand Marnier. Allow to cool for 5 minutes at room temperature, then place in refrigerator to chill for 10 minutes. Then stir with a large spoon, mixing thoroughly to cool mixture evenly. If the mixture is a thick pudding-like consistency, it’s ready; if it’s still quite liquid, chill for another 10 minutes.
- Using 2 teaspoons, spoon 1- to 1.5-inch round balls of the chocolate mixture onto the baking sheets lined with parchment paper. You should be able to fit about 30 balls on each baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, until firm.
- Set out 2 medium bowls and fill with cocoa powder and confectioner’s sugar, respectively. If your balls aren’t consistently even in shape, roll each chocolate ball in your hands quickly. (Don’t do this for too long or it will start to melt!) Roll in confectioner’s sugar, cocoa powder, or both.
- Serve right away, or package and refrigerate.
- Red Velvet ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.