As gluten-free as you can get in a bakery with flour in the air. This is a rich 9-inch cake (2 inches tall) with a hearty taste of almond and a splash of amaretto from the nearby Mt. Defiance Distillery.
Started in a Virginia farmhouse over 30 years ago, Brian Noyes’ Red Truck Bakery is one of Condé Nast Traveler’s 13 Destination Bakeries in America. Named after the red 1954 Ford truck Brian used to deliver his rustic baked goods to local country stores, Red Truck Bakery has gained a cult-like following that includes Oprah and former President Barack Obama—with Roadfood’s Jane & Michael Stern being among some of their loudest and proudest early supporters.
- Each cake serves 10-16 people
- Cake is approximately 9 Inches in diameter
For our customers who will be observing Passover, or are invited to a friend’s Passover Seder, please consider our Passover-appropriate almond or chocolate truffle cake as your Passover option. They have no wheat flour or yeast (which also makes them gluten-free); and just to be sure, we asked a Rabbi to check our ingredient list. The almond cake does have some rice flour and tapioca flour, but the chocolate truffle cake does not. Actually, our almond and chocolate truffle cakes are non-sectarian, and are a welcome addition on your dining table for any occasion.
Gluten Free, contains eggs
Instructions / Storage
- All cakes from Red Truck Bakery are baked the day they are shipped.
- Each cake will stay fresh at room temperature for at least two days after delivery.
- Freezing extends the enjoyment for at least three months.
- Please do not refrigerate, which tends to dry out cakes.
- Red Truck Bakery ships Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday of each week. Please add in an extra day for arrival due to unforeseen delays.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
Please anticipate a slight delay due to increased shipping during the Covid pandemic and the holidays. We strongly encourage ordering early, choosing an early shipping date, and allowing a little extra time for arrival. If you need your cakes on a Friday or the weekend, for example, select a Wednesday arrival. Due to expected and unprecedented levels of UPS and FedEx shipping demand through the holidays, as well as unpredictable weather, we cannot be responsible for packages not arriving on a scheduled date. We appreciate your understanding.
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.