This 9-inch Bundt-style cake is based on a recipe by Alma Hackney, our buddy Dwight’s 90-year-old choir director, and we promised her we wouldn’t change a thing. It’s full of buttery rum with a crackly rum & sugar glaze.
“This glazed cake is rum-soaked, buttery, and strictly adheres to an inherited recipe from the late, much beloved church choir director Alma Hackney. She’d wait in the car while a friend would run into the store to buy the rum.” —Garden & Gun magazine
Started in a Virginia farmhouse over 30 years ago, Brian Noyes’ Red Truck Bakery is one of Condé Nast Traveler’s 13 Destination Bakeries in America. Named after the red 1954 Ford truck Brian used to deliver his rustic baked goods to local country stores, Red Truck Bakery has gained a cult-like following that includes Oprah and former President Barack Obama—with Roadfood’s Jane & Michael Stern being among some of their loudest and proudest early supporters.
- Each Cake Serves 8-12 people and is approximately 9 Inches in diameter
Instructions / Storage
- All products from Red Truck Bakery are baked the day they are shipped.
- Each product will stay fresh for several days after delivery when kept at room temperature.
- Cakes are best enjoyed within 1 week of arrival.
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- Red Truck Bakery ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.