It’s the pie that put Red Fox Inn on the map! To make this award winner, they fill a light, flaky crust with juicy Vermont-grown McIntosh apples and a bit of sweetness, and top it with a crumb topping made with Vermont creamery butter from Cabot. The end result is a pie that’s simply delicious!
Cindy “Ma Bean” Logan moved to Vermont in 1975 and shortly thereafter began making pies with the apples that were growing in her backyard. In 1984, Cindy purchased a southern Vermont restaurant and inn called the Red Fox with her husband Tom, and they continue to run it to this day along with their children. Formerly known as Ma Bean’s Vermont Pie Co., the name and logo has been updated with the times. Ma Bean now has 7 grandchildren and is affectionately known as “Nannypie.” Nannypie has made thousands of pies by hand over the years, and they’ve been served to countless guests at Red Fox Inn. These pies are so beloved that they’ve been served at two U.S. Presidential Inaugurations!
This package serves 8 people and includes 1 Apple Crumb Pie.
- Each Apple Crumb Pie is 9"
- Pie arrives in a gift box
McIntosh Apples, Flour, Butter, Cinnamon, Sugar, Salt, Non Trans Fat Shortening, Water
Instructions / Storage
- Pies Arrive ready to enjoy
- Upon arrival, carefully cut the top of the vacuum bag and remove pie
- Pies are best eaten fresh and stored at room temperature right in the box.
- May be kept at room temperature for 3-5 days and in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 weeks.
- Freezing is not recommended.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- If heating the entire pie, place in oven for 15-20 minutes or 7-10 minutes for a single slice.
- To slice, use a small serrated knife.
- Place knife tip at center of pie and with a gentle sawing motion, delicately cut back to the tin edge, making sure to cut through the crust all the way to the bottom of the pie tin.
- Use pie spatula to remove easily.
- Red Fox Inn ships Monday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.