Pan Fried Lamb Dumplings - 12 Pack
Chef Joe Ng’s dumpling and dim sum creations are world-renowned for their flavor and presentation. His famous Pan-Fried Lamb Dumplings feature hand-chopped leg of lamb in a crescent-shaped dumpling!
RedFarm opened in NYC’s West Village in 2011 by Hong Kong dim sum master Chef Joe Ng and Chinese food expert Ed Schoenfeld, serving modern and inventive Chinese food with a greenmarket sensibility. Since then, RedFarm has become renowned as one of the city’s finest and most stylish Chinese restaurants. In 2014, RedFarm opened Decoy in the space below RedFarm on Hudson St., which is now world renowned for its signature Peking duck feasts. Or as New York Magazine has described it, “The Absolute Best Peking Duck in New York.”
This package serves 2-3 people and includes
- 12 Pan-Fried Lamb Dumplings (each 2 oz.)
- 3 Steamer Papers
- Dumpling Sauce (8 oz.)
- Dumplings measures approx 3"x 1.25"
Lamb Dumplings: Hand chopped lamb, chinese parsley, asparagus, chinese broccoli, scallion, potato starch, soy sauce, sugar, oyster sauce, egg, oil.
Dumpling Sauce: Mushroom, soy, black vinegar, and sugar.
Wrapper: wheat flour, corn starch, salt & food dye
Instructions / Storage
- This package is shipped frozen, the product may thaw
- DO NOT Remove Dry Ice with Bare Hands
- Ice may dissipate in transit
- This package should be stored in a freezer, for up to 30 days
- Once water is boiling and producing steam, place frozen dumplings on the provided steamer paper and steam for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare a frying pan or skillet with 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and heat over medium heat.
- Place steamed dumplings in hot pan with tongs and fry on one side until it develops a deep brown color for about 5 minutes
- Adjusting the heat as necessary; lowering the heat if the pan is smoking or if dumplings are burning, or raising the heat if dumplings are not developing color.
- Remove dumplings from pan with tongs and serve, browned-side-up
- Enjoy dumplings with dipping sauce on side.
- Place pan or skillet on stove and heat 1 tablespoon of neutral cooking oil (see above) and heat over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add frozen dumplings to pan with tongs, flat-side down, and cook until deeply browned on bottoms—around 2-3 minutes.
- Add enough water to pan so that it comes just around 1/3rd of the way up the dumplings, cover the pan, and allow to cook until dumpling skin has completely softened and dumplings are cooked through—around 10 minutes—adding more water a 2 tablespoons at a time if all water has evaporated before dumplings are done, however you want all water to have evaporated by the end of cooking.
- Remove lid and increase heat to medium-high and let the dumplings crisp up on the bottoms for another minute or two, watching closely to make sure dumplings do not burn.
- Remove dumplings with tongs to warmed plate and serve browned-side up with dipping sauce on side.
Wrapper: wheat flour, starch, potato, starch & salt. * RedFarm ships Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Note: This shipment is packed with Dry Ice
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.