The truest taste of the ocean, RRO’s Olde Salt clams bring together a bold sea-side brininess with a smooth, clean follow-through. Grown off the coast of Chincoteague Island (think Misty), Olde Salt clams are more than a classic, they’re legendary.
- Weight: ~ 6 per pound
- Perfect For: Grilling, steaming, and on the half-shell.
- Origin: Chincoteague Island
- Virginia Species: Mercenaria mercenaria
- Salt Range: 28-33 ppt.
Instructions / Storage
Before preparing, scrub the clams with a stiff brush under cold water and drain well.Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- All clams are shipped live, in the shell, via next-day delivery in insulated Polar Pack containers maintained below 50 degrees.
- Clams ship Tuesday & Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.