The very same oyster RRO started growing in 1899. Deep cupped and mineral rich, with an understated saltiness that lets the oyster’s natural flavor come though, Rappahannocks namesake oyster offers up a sweet, buttery, full-bodied taste with a refreshingly clean, crisp finish.
- Each package includes 100 Oysters
- Origin: Topping, Virginia
- Salt Range: 13-18 ppt.
Instructions / Storage
To clean the oysters, scrub them thoroughly with stiff brush under cold running water. Soak oysters in mixture of 1/3 cup salt to 1 gallon water for 20 minutes. Drain water; repeat 2 more times.
Place oysters on tray and refrigerate for 1 hour to help them relax.Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Items are prepared fresh and shipped directly from the shop
- All oysters are shipped live, in the shell, via next-day delivery in insulated Polar Pack containers maintained below 50 degrees.
- Oysters ship Tuesday & Thursday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $35 charge for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.