Raoul’s Cotes de Boeuf for 2 is regarded as one of the best in NYC. Peppercorn crusted Cotes de Boeuf for 2, served with a luxurious cognac and cream-laden Au Poivre sauce. Sized for two, enjoy while snuggled under your very own Raoul’s embroidered blanket.
Raoul’s was founded by two Alsatian brothers in 1975, the first French bistro in a SoHo neighborhood that was then largely populated by artists’ lofts and galleries. Since then, the surrounding area has become a trendy tourist destination, but the old-school French restaurant remains a local institution serving up some of New York’s finest gourmet burgers and steaks au poivre.
This package serves 2 people and includes everything you need to make 2 Cotes de Boeuf:
- 1 Cote de Boeuf (each 2 lbs.)
- Peppercorns (4 oz.)
- 1 Jar of Au Poivre Sauce (9.8 oz.)
- 1 Raoul’s Embroidered Blanket
Butter NOT included
Cotes de Boeuf, Cracked Black Peppercorns, Au Poivre Sauce (Beef Stock, Brandy, Cream, Garlic, Shallots, Brandy, Peppercorn, Flour, Butter, Sea Salt)
Instructions / Storage
- Kit ships frozen with ice packs
- Upon arrival refrigerate or freeze
- May be kept refrigerated for 5-7 days or frozen for 2-3 weeks
- Sauce may be kept at room temp, must be refrigerated after opening – do not freeze!
- Not included but recommended:
- If frozen: defrost in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Season rib with a generous amount of sea salt
- Place cracked peppercorns on a shallow tray and press meat into pepper on all sides and reserve
- Heat a heavy bottom cast iron pan on medium heat, when slightly smoky and hot add 1 oz canola oil
- Place the meat in the heated oil
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until peppercorns are toasted deep golden brown
- Add thyme, garlic, and 2 oz. butter (not included)
- Baste the meat
- Place in the oven and roast to desired temperature (12-14 minutes for Medium Rare)
- Remove meat from the oven and let rest for 5-6 minutes.
- Heat sauce per instructions on the jar and reserve
- Slice the meat, sprinkle with coarse salt if desired, and serve with au poivre sauce
- Raoul’s Restaurant ships Monday – Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.