Kathie's Signature Breakfast for 6-8
It’s the perfect breakfast platter and the most popular dish at Polly’s Pancake Parlor! This kit comes with your choice of pancake batter, your choice of locally-produced bacon or sausage, and Grade A maple syrup. This legendary combo was featured on Food Network’s “The Best Thing I Ever Ate.” Choose to add on coffee and your favorite mix-ins!
Back in 1938, Wilfred “Sugar Bill’’ Dexter opened a tea room along with his wife, Polly, in small-town New Hampshire. Over the years, Polly’s spectacular lineup of scratchmade pancakes and top-quality maple products put it on the map, and today this legendary restaurant is run by Wilfred & Polly’s granddaughter, Kathie, and her husband, Dennis. All of Polly’s pancakes are made according to those old family recipes, right down to the flour, which is milled on-premises. Polly’s Pancake Parlor is such a legend that it was dubbed an American Classic by the James Beard Foundation in 2016.
This package serves 6-8 people and includes:
- 1 qt. Homemade Pancake Batter, your choice
- 1 lb. Breakfast Meat, your choice
- Grade A Amber Maple Syrup (1.5 lbs.)
- Each quart of pancake batter makes approx 15-20 pancakes
- Each 1 lb. Sausage pack includes 10 patties
- Choose to add Pancake Mix-ins and/or Harman’s Cheddar Cheese
- Choose to add House White Mountain Gourmet Coffee!
- Each bag of White Mountain Coffee Bag weighs approx. 8 oz. and makes up to 16 cups of coffee
Pancake Batter Options Include:
- Original Pancake Batter
- Oatmeal Buttermilk Pancake Batter
- Cornmeal Pancake Batter
- Gingerbread Pancake Batter
Breakfast Meat Options Include:
- North Country Smoke House Bacon
- Robie Farms Sausage
- Plain Pancake Batter – (Unbleached/Unbromated White Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cornstarch, Monocalcium Phosphate), Salt) Pasteurized 1.5% Milk (Vitamin D Added), Eggs (Pasteurized Eggs And Citric Acid), Butter (Cream (Milk), Salt)– Allergens, Milk, Eggs, Wheat
- Gingerbread Pancake Batter – (Unbleached/Unbromated White Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cornstarch, Monocalcium Phosphate), Salt) Pasteurized 1.5% Milk (Vitamin D Added), Eggs (Pasteurized Eggs And Citric Acid) , Butter (Cream (Milk), Salt), Molasses, Ground Cinnamon, And Ground Ginger – Allergens: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
- Cornmeal Pancake Batter – (Stoneground Cornmeal, Unbleached/Unbromated White Flour, Baking Powder (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cornstarch, Monocalcium Phosphate), Salt) Pasteurized 1.5% Milk (Vitamin D Added), Eggs (Pasteurized Eggs And Citric Acid), Butter (Cream (Milk), Salt)– Allergen: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
- Oatmeal Buttermilk Pancake Batter – (Stoneground Whole Wheat Flour, Quick Rolled Oats, Baking Powder (Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cornstarch, Monocalcium Phosphate), Dry Buttermilk Powder, And Salt) Water, Frozen Egg Whites (Egg Whites, Guar Gum, And Triethyl Citrate) And Canola Oil
- North Country Smoke House Bacon – Pork, Water, Salt, Maple Syrup, Sodium Phosphate, Dextrose, Sodium Erythorbate, Brown Sugar, Sodium Nitrate.
- Robie Farms Country Crankin’ Pork Sausage – Pork, Salt, Sage, Thyme, White Pepper, Black Pepper, Rosemary, Garlic, Ginger, Marjoram
- Maple Syrup – Grade A: Amber Color & Rich Flavor Maple Syrup – Allergen – May Contain Milk
- Granola Mix-in – Allergen: Contains Wheat And Nuts
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit.
- Upon arrival, store batter in the freezer for up to 30 days.
- Upon arrival, store bacon or sausage in the freezer for up to 1 year.
- Bacon can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- Batters can keep stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Thaw pancake batter in the refrigerator overnight before cooking.
- Preheat a griddle or frying pan to medium-low/medium heat (if you have an infrared thermometer, it should read about 300°F).
- Spray griddle or frying pan with a small amount of cooking spray, or add a small amount of canola oil and spread around griddle/pan with a paper towel (we don’t recommend butter as it smokes around 300°F).
- Spoon out pancakes onto griddle/pan using a ¼ cup measuring cup.
- Cook on first side for about 3 minutes (your pancakes will be ready to flip when bubbles show up in the middle and start popping).
- Flip your pancakes.
- Cook on the other side until just golden brown, which should take 2-3 minutes depending on the heat.
- Remove and serve on a plate with syrup or meat of your choosing.
Insider Tip: If you’re cooking a large batch, you can keep pancakes warm by spreading them out on a sheet tray and putting them in a preheated oven at the lowest temperature it can go (ideally below 200°F).
- Thaw bacon in the refrigerator overnight before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lay bacon flat on a cookie sheet (with ridges to catch the grease) and cook in the oven for 12-20 minutes or until desired crispiness is achieved.
- Place bacon in a frying pan or griddle on medium-low heat (about 325°F).
- For ideal results, we recommend turning the bacon every minute or two and draining the bacon fat between each cooking.
- Cook for 8-12 minutes or until desired crispiness is achieved.
- Thaw sausage in refrigerator overnight before cooking.
- Preheat a frying pan or griddle to medium/medium-low heat.
- Separate sausage into patties or balls depending on what size you want (1.5 oz. portions makes approx. 10 equal-sized patties).
- Cook sausage until it’s browned on both sides, flipping with a spatula as often as needed, and cook through (160°F).
Insider Tip: If you want to skip the prep, we’re big fans of cooking the sausage in a frying pan, breaking it up with a wooden spoon or spatula into smaller pieces until browned and cooking through (160°F). Perfect to add in with scrambled eggs!Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Polly’s Pancake Parlor ships Monday and Tuesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.