Gingerbread Pancake Batter - 2 Qts.
This gingerbread pancake batter starts with Polly’s delicious plain batter base, with molasses, ground ginger, and cinnamon added. Essentially, it’s ginger snap cookies in pancake form!
Back in 1938, Wilfred “Sugar Bill’’ Dexter opened a tea room along with his wife, Polly, in small-town New Hampshire. Over the years, Polly’s spectacular lineup of scratchmade pancakes and top-quality maple products put it on the map, and today this legendary restaurant is run by Wilfred & Polly’s granddaughter, Kathie, and her husband, Dennis. All of Polly’s pancakes are made according to those old family recipes, right down to the flour, which is milled on-premises. Polly’s Pancake Parlor is such a legend that it was dubbed an American Classic by the James Beard Foundation in 2016.
This package serves 10-12 people and includes 2 quarts of Gingerbread Pancake Batter Mix.
- Each quart of pancake batter makes approx. 15-20 pancakes
- Polly’s Pancake Parlor suggests 3 pancakes per person
- Choose to add Maple Syrup, Pancake Mix-ins, or 8 oz. Harman’s Cheddar Cheese
- Choose to add House White Mountain Gourmet Coffee!
- Each bag of White Mountain Coffee Bag weighs approx. 8 oz. and makes up to 16 cups of coffee
- Gingerbread Pancake Batter – (Unbleached/Unbromated White Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder(Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Sodium Bicarbonate, Cornstarch, Monocalcium Phosphate), Salt) Pasteurized 1.5% Milk (Vitamin D Added), Eggs (Pasteurized Eggs And Citric Acid) , Butter (Cream (Milk), Salt), Molasses, Ground Cinnamon, And Ground Ginger – Allergens: Milk, Eggs, Wheat
- Granola Mix-in – Allergen: Contains Wheat And Nuts
Instructions / Storage
- This package ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit.
- Upon arrival, store pancake batter in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Pancake batter lasts up to 3 days in the refrigerator or up to 30 days in the freezer.
- Thaw pancake batter in the refrigerator overnight before cooking.
- Preheat a griddle or frying pan to medium-low/medium heat (if you have an infrared thermometer, it should read about 300°F).
- Spray griddle or frying pan with a small amount of cooking spray, or add a small amount of canola oil and spread around griddle/pan with a paper towel (we don’t recommend butter as it smokes around 300°F).
- Spoon out pancakes onto griddle/pan using a ¼ cup measuring cup.
- Cook on first side for about 3 minutes (your pancakes will be ready to flip when bubbles show up in the middle and start popping).
- Flip your pancakes.
- Cook on the other side until just golden brown, which should take 2-3 minutes depending on the heat.
- Remove and serve on a plate with syrup or meat of your choosing.
Insider Tip: If you’re cooking a large batch, you can keep pancakes warm by spreading them out on a sheet tray and putting them in a preheated oven at the lowest temperature it can go (ideally below 200°F).Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Polly’s Pancake Parlor ships Monday and Tuesday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.