Plymouth Artisan Cheese ships its legendary artisanal cheese nationwide on Goldbelly! Recognized by Food & Wine as one of the best artisanal cheeses on the market, Plymouth Artisan Cheese is one of the only cheesemakers that continues the tradition of this American heritage granular curd cheese.
Using the same recipes that the very first European settlers brought with them to the New World, Plymouth Artisan Cheese is the second oldest cheese factory in the U.S. The cheese is made with locally sourced raw cow’s milk from a single herd to ensure the high quality and consistency that makes this distinctive granular curd cheese truly one of a kind. Founded in 1890 in Plymouth, Vermont, by Colonel John Coolidge, father of President Calvin Coolidge, Plymouth Artisan Cheese specializes in rare and time-intensive cheeses, creating rich, full-bodied products through skillfully cutting and continuously stirring the curds manually—a process once used widely throughout the colonies but rare today.
This package includes the three of Plymouth’s 1 lb cave aged cheese wedges of your choosing.
- Add up to 2 additional wedges for an additional charge.
Cheese Options Include
- Rum Runner – One of Plymouth’s signature cheeses, Rum Runner is washed with paprika, cocoa, olive oil, clove and rum.
- Grace’s Choice – Using the same raw cow milk from Plymouth’s signature cheese, Grace’s Choice is lightly washed with a natural rind for a cheese that is creamy, smooth and buttery.
- Red, White and Blue – Red foil envelops this ivory cheese streaked with blue veins and punctuated with irregular holes and small eyes. Clean, fresh and original, this cheese has a smooth, creamy texture and mild peppery accents.
- Plymouth Big Blue – Recognized by Food & Wine as one of the best artisanal cheeses in the nation, Big Blue showcases a thin stony rind surrounding a moist but dense cheese. With patches of small blue eyes, the texture is creamy, bold and rich with an herbaceous tang and a long finish. Its flavor develops steadily, becoming spicier as it ages.
- Plymouth Tonne – Pure, delicate and clean, this raw cow’s milk cheese features a supple texture and a sweet, milky profile. Handmade in Vermont, Plymouth Tonne is woody and earthy with notes of green olive.
Instructions / Storage
- All cheeses come ready to serve.
- Store in refrigerator or enjoy immediately.
- Cheeses ship Monday-Thursday each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.