Pike Place Fish Market ships its Northwest Spot Prawn Boil kits nationwide! Everything you need is included in the box! This meal is a festive, easy and impressive meal to prepare. Our Pacific Northwest Spot Prawn Boil puts the spotlight on buttery, tender PNW spot prawns! We source local Washington corn, onions and marble potatoes from Sosio’s Produce. It’s then spiced just right with Herban Farm NW “Rainier Rub”, a salt-free tasty spice blend and is finished off with Uli’s delicious Cajun Andouille and Louisiana hot links. This robust meal is perfect with your Atrium Kitchen fresh baked rolls! So good!
Here at Pike Place Fish Market, we have been selling the best seafood you can buy for over 90 years. Each order is hand-packed by one of our friendly fishmongers and shipped with love nationwide. Year after year we receive support from our customers all over the country, which continues to fill us with gratitude. Now we are bringing you a new experience with our world-class fish meal kits featuring carefully selected sustainable seafood! We are excited to partner up with our friend and Pike Place Market gem, Chef Traci Calderon from Atrium Kitchen. Traci has served over 30,000 free meals to those in need, all while running a cooking school and catering and event business. She has created easy-to-follow recipes featuring our great seafood and ingredients directly sourced from our neighbors: the small business producers and farmers of Pike Place Market! (If you order one of our meal kits that include bread, consider yourself lucky – she bakes it fresh daily!). We are thrilled to bring you the best that Pike Place Fish Market has to offer! Thank you for your continued support for us and our amazing food producers and farms at Pike Place Market. We hope you enjoy your meal!
Everything you need to make this delicious meal is included! Just add water!
- 1 lb. PNW Spot Prawns
- 2 Spring onions
- 2 Lemons
- 2 1⁄2 Tablespoon + 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup Herban Farm NW “Rainier Rub”
- 1⁄2 lb. Small Potatoes
- 2 ears of Corn, Husked
- 1 link Uli’s Famous Sausage Cajun Andouille
- 1 link Uli’s Famous Sausage Louisiana Hotlink
- 1 Atrium Kitchen Roll
- 2 1⁄2 Tablespoon chives
Instructions / Storage
- When you receive your package open it up and take a look at the fish. Decide what you are going to eat in the next couple days and put it in the refrigerator. Certain items if properly stored can be placed in your freezer for at least a couple months.
- Fill a large stockpot with a perforated insert (or steam basket) with water
- Add the spring onions; squeeze juice of two lemon halves before dropping them into the water, 2 1⁄2 Tablespoon salt, and 1⁄4 cup of Herban Farm NW Rainier Rub. (4 quart pot is a minimum.)
- Bring to a rolling boil over high heat, and continue to let boil for 5 minutes as the water seasons.
- While water comes to a boil, remove corn husks and silk (threads) from corn
- Prepare your Chive Compound Butter following the instructions below.
- With a small knife, gently run the blade down the length of both sausages, to pierce the thin casing. Peal casing away from sausage, and cut into 1 inch rounds. Set aside.
- Add the potatoes and corn. Boil for 7 minutes.
- Add the cut sausage and boil for 10 minutes
- While potatoes, corn and sausage boil, make the Finishing Sauce by melting butter in small pan or microwave safe dish.
- Add 2 Tablespoons reserved Rainier Rub. (You can add hot sauce of your choice, if desired.) Keep warm.
- Turn the heat off and carefully add in the spot prawns. Let stand for 7 minutes. Prawns will slowly cook in the water, with the heat off.
- Carefully lift insert/steam basket from boiling water (go slowly so you don’t douse yourself with prawn water).
- Pour ingredients onto a large platter (or newspaper!), pile prawns, potatoes, corn and sausage together
- Drizzle finishing sauce over the pile and squeeze 1⁄2 of one lemon over the top
- Serve with hot bread and compound butter!
Chive Compound Butter
- Place in a small bowl 8 Tablespoons room temperature unsalted butter, 1 Tablespoon lemon zest, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 2 1⁄2 Tablespoons snipped chives and 1⁄2 teaspoon of salt.
- Use the backside of a fork or firm spatula to combine ingredients
- Transfer butter to small bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
Atrium Kitchen Roll
- Wrap in foil or parchment paper and place in a warm oven for 5-7 minutes, until warm and soft
- Pike Place Fish Market ship Monday through Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.