Pike Place Fish Market ships its Cedar Plank Salmon meal kits nationwide! Everything you need is included in the box! It doesn’t get any better or easier than this. This dish is quintessential Pacific Northwest – from the wild caught Pacific salmon to the fresh blackberries and small batch honey. All of our wild salmon is sourced from some of the most well managed fisheries on the planet right here in the Northwest. The salmon (depending on species) can vary in color from ivory to pink to vibrant red! The salmon are genetically determined how they metabolize naturally occurring pigments in their food – shrimp, krill and crabs. I always cook my salmon with the skin on since this is where the fat and flavor is concentrated.
Here at Pike Place Fish Market, we have been selling the best seafood you can buy for over 90 years. Each order is hand-packed by one of our friendly fishmongers and shipped with love nationwide. Year after year we receive support from our customers all over the country, which continues to fill us with gratitude. Now we are bringing you a new experience with our world-class fish meal kits featuring carefully selected sustainable seafood! We are excited to partner up with our friend and Pike Place Market gem, Chef Traci Calderon from Atrium Kitchen. Traci has served over 30,000 free meals to those in need, all while running a cooking school and catering and event business. She has created easy-to-follow recipes featuring our great seafood and ingredients directly sourced from our neighbors: the small business producers and farmers of Pike Place Market! (If you order one of our meal kits that include bread, consider yourself lucky – she bakes it fresh daily!). We are thrilled to bring you the best that Pike Place Fish Market has to offer! Thank you for your continued support for us and our amazing food producers and farms at Pike Place Market. We hope you enjoy your meal!
Your Box Includes:
- 1 lb. Wild Sockeye Salmon
- 1 bottle of Pike Place Fish Market Northwest Seafood Seasoning
- Sunny Honey’s Beekeeper’s Reserve Blackberry Honey
- Fresh Blackberries
- Herban Farm “Rainier Rub”
- Finishing Sea Salt
- 1 Cedar Plank
- 1 Piece Parchment Paper
- 1 head Red Bibb or Green Gem Lettuce
- Fresh Blueberries
- 1 clove Garlic
- Atrium Kitchen Dijon-style Mustard
- Olive Oil & Vinegar Mixture for Dressing
Instructions / Storage
- When you receive your package open it up and take a look at the fish. Decide what you are going to eat in the next couple days and put it in the refrigerator. Certain items if properly stored can be placed in your freezer for at least a couple months.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (convection oven 325)
- On a sheet pan, lay the piece of parchment paper down with ends hanging over the edge.
- Place cedar plank on top of parchment in the center of the pan.
- Set the salmon on cedar plank, skin side down. Rub top and sides of salmon with Pike Place Fish Market seasoning
- Drizzle with 1 Tablespoon honey.
- Wrap ends of parchment over salmon, securing beneath the plank.
- Place sheet tray in oven on the middle rack and cook the fish for 10 minutes, or until medium doneness, up to 18 minutes.
- Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the salmon.
- While salmon is cooking add 2 Tablespoons honey to small pot and half of the fresh blackberries.
- Over medium heat, warm honey and gently macerate berries with the back of a fork.
- Remove from heat.
- Remove salmon from the oven and transfer to a platter, or immediately serve directly from the planks.
- Drizzle the honey blackberry sauve over the salmon and plate using the remainder of the berries.
- Rinse the lettuces and blueberries
- Tear leaves and plate on a large platter
- Mince clove garlic and mix with Atrium Kitchen dijon mustard, olive oil and vinegar
- Whisk and then lightly dress the salad
- Pike Place Fish Market ship Monday through Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.