Southeast Asian Brunch Kit for 4
Chef Leah Cohen takes everything we love about classic brunch and amplifies it with her signature Southeast Asian flavors!
In the Filipino Longanisa Bowl the richness of the sausage pairs perfectly with a fresh, acidic, and slightly spicy salad. Eat it with a sunny-side-up egg and garlic fried rice!
Classic Corned Beef Hash is kicked up a notch with the addition of some heat from red Thai chiles and umami from fish sauce while still keeping it light with the addition of lime juice.
Garlic Fried Rice is a must on any table at a Filipino breakfast or brunch. Shrimp paste gives the garlic rice the perfect amount of umami.
Kaya Toast is the ultimate combination of sweet and savory. Kaya jam has a unique flavor profile because of the pandan leaves and coconut milk. Combined with poached eggs, dark soy, and white pepper, it might seem like a strange combination of flavors, but it all works so well together!
Growing up, chef Leah Cohen’s Filipino mother introduced her to the eclectic and flavorful cuisine of Southeast Asia during annual expeditions to the region, and Pig & Khao is her ode to this culinary heritage. Opened in 2012 on New York’s Lower East Side, Pig & Khao is a warm, inviting, and casual hotspot that’s earned raves for Cohen’s ability to incorporate classical Western cooking techniques with authentic Southeast Asian flavors. Cohen famously competed on season 5 of “Top Chef” in 2008.
This package serves 4 people and includes:
- Filipino Longanisa Bowl
- Longanisa Sausage (8 links, each 1.2 oz)
- Cherry Tomato and Cucumber Salad (16 oz)
- Salad Dressing (3 oz)
- Corned Beef Hash
- Corned Beef and Hash (16 oz)
- Diced Onion (3 oz)
- Minced Ginger (0.2 oz)
- Minced raw Garlic (0.2 oz)
- Scallion (1 stalk)
- Cilantro Leaves (0.2 oz)
- 2 Whole Limes
- Garlic Fried Rice (16 oz)
- Kaya Toast
- Kaya Jam (8 oz)
- Brioche Bread (4 slices)
- Butter (2.4 oz)
- Dark Soy Sauce (2 oz)
- White Pepper (1 tsp)
Longanisa Sausage: Pork, Annatto, Garlic, Salt, And Sugar
Tomato Cucumber Salad: Cherry Tomatoes, English Cucumbers, Shallot, Mint, Cilantro, Fish Sauce, and Coconut Vinegar
Corned Beef Hash: Corned Beef, Yukon Gold Potatoes, Garlic, Ginger, Scallion, Fish Sauce, Lime, Cilantro
Garlic Fried Rice: Cooked Jasmine Rice, Shrimp Paste, Canola Oil, Salt
Kaya Jam: Eggs, Coconut Milk, Sugar, Pandan Leaves, Garnished with Dark Soy and White Pepper
Brioche Bread: Flour, Butter, Eggs, Sugar, Salt, Yeast
Instructions / Storage
- Items ship frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Upon arrival, remove items from packaging and place all ingredients immediately in the refrigerator.
- Pig and Khao does not recommend freezing ingredients
Filipino Longanisa Bowl
- Sear or grill the Longanisa Sausage for 3-4 minutes per side.
- For the salad cut the tomatoes in half and sliced the cucumbers and shallot.
- Mix in the dressing.
- (OPTIONAL) Add an Egg: If you would like to include an egg, we recommend cooking them either sunnyside up or scrambled. (Egg is not provided in the Meal Kit)
Corned Beef Hash
- In a nonstick or cast iron pan add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and add the potatoes.
- Once they are crispy, add the corned beef and cook for 2-3 minutes or until it gets crispy as well.
- Remove the Corned Beef Hash from the pan and then add another tablespoon of cooking oil.
- Saute the garlic, ginger, chili, and red onion.
- Add the corned beef mixture back to the pan and season with fish sauce.
- (OPTIONAL) Add an Egg: Make a hole in the center of the pan and add the egg. Let it set and then remove from heat. Please note that when you mix in the egg, the residual heat will continue to cook the egg. (Egg is not provided in the Meal Kit)
- Garnish with sliced green scallions and squeeze lime juice on top.
Garlic Fried Rice
- You can either microwave the Rice for 2-3 minutes or reheat it in a nonstick pan on medium-low heat for approximately 5 minutes until hot.
- Lightly toast both sides of the bread in a pan over low heat with a little bit of butter.
- Spread desired amount of kaya jam on both pieces of bread and then add a few pats of cold butter on one side and then place the other piece of bread on top serve warm.
- (OPTIONAL) Traditional Preparation: Poach 2 eggs, add 1 tablespoon of the dark soy sauce on top, and then sprinkle with a pinch of white pepper. (Eggs are not provided in the Meal Kit). Dunk the kaya toast in the egg mixture making sure to break the egg and runny yolk and mix all together.
ENJOY!Download Storage and Prep Instructions
- Pig and Khao ships Monday-Friday of each week.
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.