Only the best for Dad on Father’s Day! This package comes with Boudin, a Classic Cajun Sausage loaded with rich braised pork, rice, herbs and happiness. Also included is Hot Italian Sausage, a Spicey, smooth, southern twist on a classic sausage. To top it off, enjoy a USDA Prime hormone and antibiotic free, pasture-raised Ribeye. High Marble, rich, juicy Flavor.
Piece of Meat was founded by Daniel Jackson and Leighann Smith in New Orleans in 2018, and it quickly racked up heaps of acclaim as one of The Big Easy’s most exciting new butcher shops and restaurants. Jackson and Smith, who were named Eater New Orleans’ Chefs of the Year in 2018, work closely with local Southern farmers and purveyors to source top-quality, sustainably and humanely-raised meat. Piece of Meat was called “a hands-in-the-air-like-you-just-don’t-care mosh pit of flavor and fun” by Food & Wine when the mag named it one of the top 10 Best New Restaurants of 2019. It’s a remarkable, unabashedly delicious taste of New Orleans.
This package serves 4-6 people and includes:
- 4 links Hot Italian Sausage (1 lb. total)
- 4 links Boudin (1 lb. total)
- 1 USDA Prime Ribeye (20 oz.)
- Steak Seasoning Blend
- 1 bottle BBQ Sauce (12 oz.)
- Assorted stickers, patches and koozie
Hot Italian – Fennel, Cayenne, Chili Flake, Salt, Black Pepper, Hog Casing.
Boudin – Pork, Salt, Pepper, Cayenne, White Pepper, Jalapeno, Poblano, Onion, Celery, Water, Garlic, Butter, Green Onion, Rice, Natural Hog Casing.
Instructions / Storage
- Items ship frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit.
- Upon arrival, remove from the package and place in refrigerator or freezer.
- Boudin may be kept refrigerated for 4-5 days.
- All other items may be kept refrigerated for 7-10 days.
- All meats last up to 3 months in the freezer.
- Preheat oven 400°F.
- Pull steak out of the cooler at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Season with provided spice rub (or season with the kosher salt and black pepper).
- In a cast-iron skillet on medium to high heat, sear each side for 2-3 minutes until a nice brown crust is formed.
- Once the second side is ready, toss in the oven for 4-6 minutes and start temping it around 4 minutes.
- Rare is 115°, Medium Rare is 125°, Medium is 135°, Medium Well is 145°.
- Pull steak out of the oven leave it in the pan.
- Place butter and remaining herbs in the pan.
- Let rest for 10-15 minutes.
Sausage & Boudin: Oven
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place on a baking tray or pan.
- Cook for about 7-10 minutes, or until internal temperature is 155-160°.
Sausage & Boudin: Stove Top:
- Grease your pan and heat to medium-high heat.
- Crisp sausage up on each side.
- Turn the heat down and cover with a lid cracked and cook until internal temperature is 155-160°.
Sausage & Boudin: Grill
- On a medium-hot grill.
- Place sausage around the perimeter of the grill and cook until internal temperature is 155-160°.
- Let the sausage rest a few minutes and enjoy!
- Piece of Meat ships Tuesday-Thursday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.