These traditional northern-style tamales are wrapped in a corn husk. Take your pick from chicken in green sauce, pork in red chile, black beans & cheese, and peppers & cheese!
Chef Arnaldo Richards is a third-generation chef who started learning his grandmother’s recipes at age 13 while growing up at his family’s restaurants in Monterey, Mexico. Many of those authentic Mexican dishes and sauces are still on the menu at his legendary restaurant, Picos, which opened in 1984 and remains one of Houston’s most beloved Mexican restaurants.
This package serves 12 people and includes your choice of 12 Norentos Tamales
- Each Tamale measures 1.5″ × 4.5″ and weighs 3ozs.
Norentos Tamales Options Include
- Chicken in Green Chile – Savory chicken in green chile have a delicious tomatillo and roasted pepper flavor
- Pork in Red Chile – Savory pork in red chile have a delicious roasted red pepper flavor provided by guajillo and chile de arbol peppers
- Beef in Red Chile – Savory beef in red chile have a delicious roasted red pepper flavor provided by guajillo and chile de arbol peppers
- Black Beans and Cheese – Savory vegetarian black bean and cheese selection are the best treat!
- Pepper and Cheese – Savory Vegetarian cheese, with roasted poblano pepper and corn are out of this world good!
- Chicken in Green Chile – Pulled Chicken, Tomatillo, Onion, Garlic, Serrano Peppers, Cilantro, Cumin, Corn Masa, Corn Husk
- Pork in Red Chile – Pulled Pork, Dried Guajillo Peppers, Dried De Arbol Peppers, Tomato, Onion, Garlic, Cumin, Corn Masa, Corn Husk
- Beef in Red Chile – Beef, Dried Guajillo Peppers, Dried De Arbol Peppers, Tomato, Onion, Garlic, Cumin, Corn Masa, Corn Husk
- Black Beans and Cheese – Stewed Black Beans, Chihuahua Cheese, Dried Guajillo Peppers, Dried De Arbol Peppers, Avocado Leaves, Corn Masa, Corn Husk
- Pepper and Cheese – Poblano Peppers, Chihuahua Cheese, Jalapeño Peppers, Onion, Tomato, Corn Kernels, Epazote, Corn Masa, Corn Husk
Facility handles, eggs, nuts, and dairy
Instructions / Storage
- Tamales ship frozen with ice packs, may thaw in trasit
- Arrives in cryovac Sous Vide bags that may be kept in the refrigerator, or freezer
- May be kept refrigerated for up to 2 weeks for frozen for up to 6 months
- Allow tamales to thaw overnight in the refrigerator in their Sous Vide bags
- Boil a large pot of water for multiple bags or a pot that can be filled to cover the size of a single bag at a time when submerged
- Place Tamales, still their sealed bags, in the water
- Boil until tamales are heated all the way through
- Remove from the water, open the bags
- Pico’s Restaurant ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.