This pack of 24 tamales contains six chicken in green chile tamales, six pork in red chile tamales, six pork in red sauce tamales, and six chicken in green sauce tamales. It’s the perfect way to experience both tamales Nortenos and Oaxaquenos!
Chef Arnaldo Richards is a third-generation chef who started learning his grandmother’s recipes at age 13 while growing up at his family’s restaurants in Monterey, Mexico. Many of those authentic Mexican dishes and sauces are still on the menu at his legendary restaurant, Picos, which opened in 1984 and remains one of Houston’s most beloved Mexican restaurants.
This package serves 24 people and includes 24 Tamales
- Each Norteno Tamale measures 1.5″ × 4.5″ and weighs 3oz.
- Each Oaxaqueno Tamale measures 2.5″ × 5″ and weighs 6oz.
Tamales Options Include
- 6 Chicken in Green Chile (Norentos) – Corn husk wrapped savory chicken in green chile, with a delicious tomatillo and roasted pepper flavor
- 6 Pork in Red Chile (Norentos) – Corn husk wrapped savory pork in red chile, with a delicious roasted red pepper flavor provided by guajillo and chile de arbol peppers
- 6 Pork in Red Sauce (Oaxaquenos) – Banana Leaf wrapped tamales with pork in red chile sauce
- 6 Chicken in Green Sauce (Oaxaquenos) – Banana Leaf wrapped tamales with chicken in green chile sauce
- Chicken in Green Chile – Pulled Chicken, Tomatillo, Onion, Garlic, Serrano Peppers, Cilantro, Cumin, Corn Masa, Corn Husk
- Pork in Red Chile – Pulled Pork, Dried Guajillo Peppers, Dried De Arbol Peppers, Tomato, Onion, Garlic, Cumin, Corn Masa, Corn Husk
- Pork in Red Sauce – Pulled Pork, Dried Guajillo Peppers, Dried de Arbol Peppers, Tomato, Onion, Garlic, Cumin, Corn Masa, Hoja Santa, Lard, Banana Leaves Wrapping
- Chicken in Green Sauce – Pulled Chicken, Tomatillo, Onion, Garlic, Serrano Peppers, Cilantro, Cumin, Corn Masa, Hoja Santa, Lard, Banana Leaves Wrapping
Facility handles, eggs, nuts, and dairy
Instructions / Storage
- Tamales ship frozen with ice packs, may thaw in trasit
- Arrives in cryovac Sous Vide bags that may be kept in the refrigerator, or freezer
- May be kept refrigerated for up to 2 weeks for frozen for up to 6 months
- Allow tamales to thaw overnight in the refrigerator in their Sous Vide bags
- Boil a large pot of water for multiple bags or a pot that can be filled to cover the size of a single bag at a time when submerged
- Place Tamales, still their sealed bags, in the water
- Boil until tamales are heated all the way through
- Remove from the water, open the bags
- Pico’s Restaurant ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.