Sweet tamales are very popular in Mexico as a dessert or brunch option. Take your pick from both of Picos’ best-selling sweet tamales: pina colada (with pineapple & coconut) and raisin (with raisins & vanilla). Don’t forget the sauce on the side!
Chef Arnaldo Richards is a third-generation chef who started learning his grandmother’s recipes at age 13 while growing up at his family’s restaurants in Monterey, Mexico. Many of those authentic Mexican dishes and sauces are still on the menu at his legendary restaurant, Picos, which opened in 1984 and remains one of Houston’s most beloved Mexican restaurants.
This package serves 24 people and includes your choice of 24 Sweet Tamales
- Each tamale measures 1.5” x 4.5” and weighs 3oz.
- Choose to add your choice of dipping sauce (each 8 oz.)
Sweet Tamale Options Include
- Pina Colada Tamale – A fruity blend of pineapple and coconut with sweet corn masa flavored with crème of coconut, and butter!
- Sweet Raisin Tamale – A fruity blend of raisin and vanilla with sweet corn masa flavored with sweetened condensed milk, and butter!
- Pina Colada Tamale – Crushed Pineapple, Shredded Coconut, Crème Of Coconut, Butter, Sugar, Whole Milk, Evaporated Milk, Condensed Milk, Corn Masa
- Sweet Raisin Tamale – Raisins, Whole Milk, Condensed Milk, Evaporated Milk, Vanilla, Butter, Sugar, Corn Masa
- Chocolate Sauce – 70% Cacao Ganache, Butter
- Dulce De Leche – Milk, Butter, Sugar
Facility handles, eggs, nuts, and dairy
Instructions / Storage
- Tamales ship frozen with ice packs, may thaw in trasit
- Arrives in cryovac Sous Vide bags that may be kept in the refrigerator, or freezer
- May be kept refrigerated for up to 2 weeks for frozen for up to 6 months
- Allow tamales to thaw overnight in the refrigerator in their Sous Vide bags
- Boil a large pot of water for multiple bags or a pot that can be filled to cover the size of a single bag at a time when submerged
- Place Tamales, still their sealed bags, in the water
- Boil until tamales are heated all the way through
- Remove from the water, open the bags
- Pico’s Restaurant ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.