Take your pick from Mexico’s most iconic moles: mole poblano and mole negro! Mole poblano is made with dry roasted poblano peppers and a rich blend of ground nuts, herbs, and spices. Mole negro is an iconic Oaxacan dish and the most rich of all moles; it’s made with a blend of nuts, roasted chiles, indigenous spices, and pure cacao.
Chef Arnaldo Richards is a third-generation chef who started learning his grandmother’s recipes at age 13 while growing up at his family’s restaurants in Monterey, Mexico. Many of those authentic Mexican dishes and sauces are still on the menu at his legendary restaurant, Picos, which opened in 1984 and remains one of Houston’s most beloved Mexican restaurants.
This package serves 4 people and includes:
- 2 lbs. Chicken, your choice
- 1 lb. Beans, your choice
- 1 lb. Rice, your choice
- 12 Tortillas, your choice
- Toasted White Sesame Seeds (2 oz.)
- Each Corn Tortilla measures 6"
- Each Flour Tortilla measures 8"
Mole Options Include
- Mole Poblano – The most recognized Mole dish from Mexico! A blend of “Mestizo” of flavors representing intercontinental culinary traditions and influences. Rich in flavor from dry roasted poblano peppers, and a rich blend of ground nuts, and herbs and spices
- Mole Negro – An iconic dish from Oaxaca representing a blend of cultural influences and familial backgrounds. Oaxacan Mole is the richest of all of the moles in Mexico. With a blend of nuts, roasted chiles, savory meats indigenous spices, and pure cacao, this mole is a true representation of what the south of Mexico has to offer.
Rice Options Include
- Traditional Mexican Rice – Traditional Mexican rice, filled with savory vegetables, spices, and tomatoes, giving our rice a natural golden color lent from true ingredients
- Green Rice – Mexican green rice, packed with green veggies giving you an explosion of flavor in your mouth! A little bit spicier than our traditional Mexican rice, this is considered a normal medium spice level
- Oaxacan Black Rice – Mexican Oaxacan Black rice, flavored with our stewed black bean broth, giving this long grain rice a deep flavor of southern Mexico!
- Garlic White Rice – Mexican Garlic White Rice, will be your favorite rice ever! It has a nice hint of garlic, and able to be paired with any of your favorite Mexican dishes or used as a traditional white rice side for any meal!
Bean Options Include
- Refried Pinto Beans – Refried Mexican refried pinto beans! – all of the flavor while still remaining 100% vegetarian!
- Refried Black Beans – Refried Mexican refried black beans! – all of the flavor while still remaining 100% vegetarian!
- Charro Beans – Our traditional Mexican Charro Beans, are so unforgettable! With fresh ingredients like bacon and in house made beef broth, we take this experience to new heights!
- Stewed Black Beans – Slow stewed Mexican black beans, all of the flavor while still remaining 100% vegetarian!
- Mole Poblano – Chicken Breast, Dried Ancho Chiles, Dried Guajillo Chiles, Dried Pasilla Chiles, Tablespoon Sesame Seeds, Teaspoon Whole Aniseed, Teaspoon Black Peppercorns, Whole Cloves, Dried Thyme, Dried Marjoram, Dried Bay Leaves Crumbled, Cinnamon, Lard, Chicken Stock, Skin-on Almonds, Raw Shelled Peanuts, Hulled Pumpkin Seeds (Pepitas), Raisins, Stale Corn Tortillas, Onion, Garlic, Tomatillos, Tomato, Mexican Chocolate, Piloncillo
- Mole Negro – Chicken Breast, Lard, Garlic, Onions, Plantains, Sesame Seeds, Almonds, Raw Peanuts, Prunes, Corn Tortillas, Cloves, Cinnamon, Whole All Spice Berries, Oregano, Avocado Leaves, Thyme, Pork Broth, Onion, Tomatoes, Tomatillos, Mulato Dried Chiles, Pasilla Dried Chiles, Ancho Dried Chiles, Chipotle Dried Chiles, Dried Chile Seeds, Mexican Chocolate, Piloncillo
Facility handles, eggs, nuts, and dairy
Instructions / Storage
- Meal ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Arrives in cryovac Sous Vide bags that may be kept in the refrigerator, or freezer
- May be kept refrigerated for up to 2 weeks for frozen for up to 6 months
- Allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator in their Sous Vide bags
- Boil a large pot of water for multiple bags or a pot that can be filled to cover the size of a single bag at a time when submerged
- Place, still the sealed bag, in the water
- Boil until heated all the way through
- Remove from the water, open the bags
- Pico’s Restaurant ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.