Take your pick from green chicken pozole and red pork pozole, the perfect soup for any time of year! The traditional green chicken pozole stew is made with tomatillos, poblano peppers, savory spices and fresh hominy corn, and the traditional red pork pozole stew is made with roast pork shoulder, guajillo chiles, garlic and chile de arbol with fresh hominy corn. Don’t forget to choose your favorite tortillas!
Chef Arnaldo Richards was raised in Monterey, Mexico, where he began his career cooking at his family’s restaurants. A third-generation chef, he started learning his grandmother’s recipes at age 13, and many of those authentic Mexican dishes and sauces are still on the menu at his legendary restaurant, Picos, which opened in 1984 and remains one of Houston’s most renowned Mexican restaurants.
This package serves 4-6 people and includes:
- 4 lbs. of Pozole, Your Choice
- 24 Tortillas, your choice
- Onion Cilantro Mix (8 oz.)
- Red Radish (8 oz.)
- Each Corn Tortilla measures 6"
- Each Flour Tortilla measures 8"
Pozole Options Include
- Pozole Verde Chicken – Traditional green chicken pozole stew is made with tomatillos, poblano peppers, savory spices and fresh hominy corn
- Pozole Rojo Pork – Traditional red pork pozole stew is made with roast pork shoulder, guajillo chiles, garlic and chile de arbol with fresh hominy corn.
- Pozole Verde – Pulled Chicken, Poblano Peppers, Tomatillos, Serrano Peppers, Garlic, Onion, Cumin, Oregano, Pumpkin seeds, Cilantro, Hoja Santa
- Pozole Rojo – Pork Shoulder, Pork Broth, Dried Guajillo Chiles, Dried Arbol, Peppers, Garlic, Onion, Cumin
Facility handles, eggs, nuts, and dairy
Instructions / Storage
- Meal ships frozen with ice packs, may thaw in transit
- Arrives in cryovac Sous Vide bags that may be kept in the refrigerator, or freezer
- May be kept refrigerated for up to 2 weeks for frozen for up to 6 months
- Allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator in their Sous Vide bags
- Boil a large pot of water for multiple bags or a pot that can be filled to cover the size of a single bag at a time when submerged
- Place, still the sealed bag, in the water
- Boil until heated all the way through
- Remove from the water, open the bags
- Pico’s Restaurant ships Monday-Friday of each week
- Orders cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes
- Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii via 2-day will incur an additional $20 charge or $35 for Overnight Shipping. Sorry guys!
- Have more questions about Shipping? Read our Shipping FAQ page.
Corporate Gift Orders
You can send this item to up to 15 different addresses using our regular checkout. Looking to send this item to more than 15 people? Have our Corporate Gifting Team assist you.